“Complimentary upgrade was the icing on the cake.”

Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville
Ranked #36 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel on our way back to Atlantic Canada from Ottawa. I booked the room on priceline and got a steal of a deal. Despite a late check-in at the hotel we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a room with a deluxe shower. It was really something.

The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was a bit disappointed that the hotel was so far from Vieux Québec (but I booked on priceline not knowing which hotel it would be so that's my fault) and disappointed that the parking was so expensive. However, despite those cost of parking I still paid much less than a comparable room closer to the old city.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and our room looked into the windows of the building across. Not really a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the post them. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. There are no doubt you caught a great deal with this last minute booking! We are using Opaque websites to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise. Therefore we cannot guarantee any specific room to client using opaque web site to complete their reservation. As you mentioned, when the availability permits it, we like to upgrade guests to either business class rooms or executive class rooms, since pleasing guests is our #1 goal! I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our great executive rooms! Concerning your comments on our location, it is true that the Old City is a short uphill walk of 15 minutes (1.2 Km) but here is a tip: There is a free elevator at the end of de la Couronne Street so you do not tire yourself climbing the hill. We effectively offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and is in and out privileges. This kind of parking is a must in Quebec City due to the fact that streets are really small and there is no much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area, but is absolutely not mandatory. The valet parking is then the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park. Moreover, if you prefer to be free of mind, you may always try the bus or train facilities. We are within 10 minutes walking distance from the bus and train terminal and it gives you the chance to know Quebec City from a different angle. Again, thanks for taking the time, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We chose this hotel for our four night stay because it had convenient car parking and was close to the old city. Hotel had friendly efficient staff and the room was very comfortable and well equipped. Valet car parking worked quickly delivering the car outside the hotel.

Walking to the old city gate took about 20 minutes much of it uphill. We were pleased to have the exercise but others may find this a bit much. There are restaurants close to the hotel if the walk seems too much. The food in Quebec city is so good that a good walk every day is a necessity. We had a very long walking day one time and decided to use the hotel restaurant one evening. The food and service were excellent with a special deal including a bottle of wine.

Quebec city is fascinating. A piece of Europe in North America. We were also interested in its history as the place where the decision of France to leave North America was made as a result of battles fought next to the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Wow! Since I am the Customer Service Manager of the hotel, I must say that reading you enjoyed our amazing city that much is the most fantastic feeling. Our entire team strives daily to share the incommensurable love we have for Quebec City and I am so glad to read that you enjoyed it as much as we do. As you stated, Quebec City is fascinating and deserved to be discover! I am proudly passing on your comments, knowing that they will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. Our great location, our devoted service staff and furthermore, our incredible guests, permit us to constantly improve our performance and I want to, sincerely, thank you for being a great part of this amazing process. Concerning the uphill walk to get to the old Quebec City, it is true that it takes about 15 minutes. However, there are multiple public transportations as well as an elevator that may help you get up to the oldest part of the town without any effort! It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will think of us next time you will be visiting Quebec City! We look forward to it!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with my elderly mother for one night for my brothers wedding on May 9, 2014. The staff here we're wonderful and very accommodating for my mother who needs to use a walker and an oxygen tank.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Marie-Eve C, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our “great service” as they went over and beyond for you. We strive on a daily basis to ensure that our staff always takes time to interact with guests in suggesting activities, showing directions and answering all of their requests. As always, I am proudly passing on your comments to the entire team knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to continue our constant efforts. Indeed, the comfort, the security and the satisfaction of our guests are very important to us and we strive daily to ensure them the most memorable experience as possible. In this optic, we thus invested in adapted room for impaired mobility individuals, allowing them to fully enjoy their hotel experience without any limitations. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 2 evenings in early May.
Pros:
- Price : Good (except parking)
- Service : Good, friendly
- Room : Clean, Size is OK.
- Location : OK, not great.
Cons:
- Parking

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve C

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It is sad you were not able to enjoy our neighborhood at its best. In fact, the Nouvo St-Roch is a new tourist destination born in dynamic sector of the capital, on the sidelines of Old Quebec. Our sector was the old working class neighborhood now reborn as centerstage for the city’s artistic events and as a cultural hub. Restaurant of all styles and prices in addition of a host of different boutiques are located on the popular St-Joseph Street, within five minutes walking form our hotel. Moreover, we effectively offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and is in and out privileges. This kind of parking is a must in Quebec City due to the fact that streets are really small and there is no much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area. The valet parking is then the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park. Moreover, if you prefer to be free of mind, you may always try the bus or train facilities. We are within 10 minutes walking distance from the bus and train terminal and it gives you the chance to know Quebec City from a different angle. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Really this is a hidden gem. Never before have I been to a place where I already have enough pillows (4) and don't have to ask for more!!.

We stayed in rm 501 which is the business class floor. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud.

Access to the hotel was easier than I thought as the one way street helped.

I can only recommend to pay the extra for valet as parking is a premium.

The AYCE breakfast was fine for a buffet.

Staff was great and accommodated my english fine.

We were only a 15 minute walk to the old city.

I would go here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Wow! Since I am the Customer Service Manager of the hotel, I must say that reading our property provides you a “WOW” feeling is the most fantastic sensation. I am proudly passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. Our great location, our devoted service staff and furthermore, our incredible guests, permit us to constantly improve our performance and I want to, sincerely, thank you for being a great part of this amazing process. Indeed, as a free parking in downtown Quebec City is hard to find, we believe our 24$ flat per night valet service provides the best simple and secure option for your car, with unlimited in an out access. However, I would like to precise that our valet parking is absolutely optional, not mandatory. If you prefer self-parking, you may choose from one of the many public parking surrounding our hotel. Price may vary from one to another and may involve a few minutes’ walk to get the car each time you need it. Indeed, we offer 3 room categories that all offer the same level of quality and cleanliness and offers standard high quality Essentia natural memory foam mattresses, mp3/ipod compatible radio-clock, synthetic duvet comforter to name only a few. However, Business Class and Executive categories offer you that little plus most of people are looking for! When staying in a business class room, you are guaranteed to be on a higher floor and be provided with a mini-fridge, a Keurig coffee maker, bathrobes and deluxe amenities as well. If you are looking for more luxury, an Executive room is for you. These rooms are located in a private section of the hotel and offer the same benefits as the Business Class but the main advantage is the exclusive extra-large deluxe glass shower with rain shower head. It is a must! It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back next time you will be visiting Quebec City!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went there with an out-of-town friend for one night only and it was enough for both of us!

LOCATION : Right in the middle of the ''NUVO St-Roch'' like they call it. Well this is more a old part of town the city is desperately trying to refurbish but still needs A LOT of love.
My friend was scared to walk in the surrounding areas of the hotel, especially at night.

Lots to do nearby though : restaurants, shops, public parking places nearby (Hotel valet parking is 22$ per night ! )

If you are booking through HOTWIRE like we did, we felt we were given the ''worst'' of their rooms. 1st floor, Street view of the garbage cans (see picture I posted).

THE GOOD :
- the front desk service is very professionnal and check in was done very fast. We had problems with our next door neighbour doing ''la fiesta'' very late at night and front desk told me over the phone they will take care of it immediately and our comfort was very important to us. I must say I was very impressed by the answer and rapidity it got taken care of. Stayed in 5 stars hôtels where the staff was not that polite and professionnal!!
- Room was very clean. 2 Queens, flat screen tv with remote, mini-fridge...

Being from Québec, I would suggest you try another hotel better located..., unless you are on a very strict budget.

Room Tip: Avoid entire 1st floor rooms : people on the sidewalk are litterally inches away from your room wind...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarieQuebec99

Bonjour.

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. We understand the importance of a clean and well-maintained hotel has become the number one priority for guests. We take several steps to ensure to deliver clean room daily, so guest can enjoy the comfort of our room free of mind. Also, providing our guest with an effective, efficient and high quality service is very important to our entire team, knowing that it makes the difference between a good hotel and a great one. As you mentioned, we are using Opaque websites to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise, just like Hotwire. Therefore we cannot guarantee any specific room to client using opaque web site to complete their reservation. Thus, we always recommend to our clients looking for a specific room types, as a room with 2 queen size beds, or specific room requests to contact the hotel directly. Our dynamic rate structure fluctuates on a daily basis to reflect the rules of supply and demand giving more flexibility to our clients to manage effectively their hotel room reservations according to their travel needs. Also, as you stipulated, we effectively offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and is in and out privileges. The valet parking is then the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park since that there is no much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area. Finally, we are very proud of our downtown location, within the Nouvo St-Roch district, a new tourist destination born in dynamic sector of the capital, on the sidelines of Old Quebec. The design of this commercial artery allows visitors to discover a pleasant and innovative real life environment. Restaurant of all styles and prices in addition of a host of different boutiques are located on the popular St-Joseph Street, within five minutes walking form our hotel. Moreover, situated within a 15 minutes’ walk from the most known attractions of the city, our location is one of the most strategic of the city. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Visited Quebec City this April with my family. We stayed at the Best Western in downtown. Was an excellent experience. The hotel is very close to all the important tourist landmarks in the city.

Pros:
- Clean rooms
- Good room size
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Located very close to the important landmarks
- Lots of restaurants around the hotel
- There is a cafe and a restaurant in the hotel complex itself
- Fairly priced

Cons:
- No free parking. The vault parking costs CAD 22 + tax

Room Tip: This hotel was a good value for money among all the other choices I had in this category.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AlexSantiag0
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Bonjour!

Thank you for your generous review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that we use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am glad that you had an “excellent experience” with us and that you enjoyed our great location, the comfort of our rooms, the cleanliness of the hotel and the dedicated service of our entire staff. In fact, we are located downtown Quebec City, in the Nouvo St-Roch district to be more precise. The Nouvo St-Roch is a new tourist destination born in a dynamic sector of the capital, on the sidelines of Old Quebec. According to Google Maps, there is actually 1.2 km (0.75 miles) that separates our property from the entrance of the Old City which is approximately 15 minutes by walk. As a matter of fact, the Old Quebec and the Dowtown Quebec are areas that could be difficult to drive around, since they are multiple small one way streets! I would like to remember all Trip Advisor travelers that the train and bus station (Gare du Palais) is only 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel, and that the airport is a 35$ fixed rate cab ride. Therefore, it is always possible to avoid the car and enjoy the oldest fortified city in North America without worrying! Many public transportations and taxis are always available to ensure you the most enjoyable experience possible in our beautiful city. However, if you prefer to drive, a directions map is provided on our website, with all one way streets and directions, to ensure our guest the easiest and enjoyable trip as possible. We effectively only offer a valet parking which is 24$ plus taxes per night and include in and out privileges. This kind of parking is, according to us, a must in Quebec City Hotels due to the fact that streets are really small and there is not much self-parking and parking lots in the Downtown area. The valet parking is, then, the easiest and even, usually, the cheapest way to park. However, there are no obligations for you to take this service. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will think of us when you will be back in Quebec City.