We had stayed at this hotel in 2012 and decided to stay again for two nights and were not disappointed. The hotel is a short bus ride to the old town and the bus stop is not far from the front door of the hotel. It is about a 5 minute bus ride to Rue St Jean and get off the bus there and walk into the old town at St Jean Gate. We had a quiet room at the end of the hall.
The Hotel is located in the community area of St Roch and there is a drug store across the
street from the hotel where you can purchase bus tickets , there is also a second cup coffee store
and at small convenience store where you can purchase beer or wine if you like. The airport is quite a ways from the hotel about 10 miles and its about $40.00 to the airport for a cab. If you are travelling light you could walk about 2km from the airport by following rue principale , cross route Aeroport which becomes rue St Jacques to the intersection of Rue St Jacques and Rue Notre Dame. There is a small strip mall at this intersection with a National Bank Branch in it.
I put the National Bank in my GPS on my first trip so I could find this location at a later date.
The bus runs about every hour and about halfway it comes to a bus loop where you have to change busses. I also found out there is bus service from the city to airport in the morning 2 busses and returning busses in the afternoon. I had rented a car from the airport and did not need it for the whole time we were in Quebec City so had to get out to the airport to pickup the car. The parking at the Best Western is $ 20 per day and it is a gated lot next to the hotel. We did not have the rental car when staying at this hotel.
The hotel has a pool which is nice and a restaurant which we did not use. There is not complimentary breakfast at this best western. I would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy 4-stars accommodation at this Quebec City hotel when visiting this charming and historic city. Located in the heart of the Quebec City business community and easily accessible from main highways, the Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville is an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers. Located a short distance from the Old City, cruise ship terminal and Plains of Abraham, this Quebec City hotel offers easy access to the Videotron Centre, the Museum of Civilization, the Quebec Convention Center and the Quebec Fine Arts Museum. Guests staying at the hotel will be close to all of the entertainment and major happening of Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Hotel Quebec City
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville Quebec/Quebec City