We booked this on the "name your price" option through Priceline and got an excellent price. Since we had no idea about the hotel, we only booked for two nights, in case it didn't meet our needs. We arrived in a snow storm and valet parked the car. Staff was very professional, spoke fluent English, and the check in was quick and easy.
We were placed in a room on the first floor, off the lobby, with a view of the front entrance and valet parking. Somewhat noisy, but a nice room with a fridge, coffee maker, etc. Nice bed, very comfortable. No waiting for the elevator.
After the first night, we decided the location was good and the hotel very nice, so we would stay an additional two nights and they were gracious enough to give us the original Priceline rate for the entire stay. We had to move to a different room since they were so crowded, which was fine with us. We moved to the 4th floor in business class and had a much larger room with better amenities. The hotel appears to have been remodeled recently as the entire facility is very modern.
The hotel restaurant, Bistro Le 330, was very nice. Good food and service. Reasonable prices.There is a coffee shop in the hotel, Café In, that had great pastries and hot chocolate. We had breakfast there each day due to the snow and extreme cold outside. Ate at La Piazzeta which was just around the corner. Excellent pizza.
Since it was so cold and snowy, we left the car in the valet parking for the 4 days we were there. There was self park in the area, but with the plowing going on, cars were being towed. We felt it was easier to pay the extra money and take cabs. Valet people were very good.
The hotel is central to everything, but still a bit of a walk uphill to the old city. We took a cab everywhere. Many days the temp was below zero F, so it was just too cold for walking. Seems like a taxi to anywhere in the city was between $8 and $10. Most cabs took credit cards and the drivers spoke English.
The neighborhood seemed to be very safe. Lots of people out walking around, even in the cold. There is a library, some theaters, a drug store, several restaurants, etc. in the immediate area. We would definitely stay here again when we are in Quebec City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy 4-stars accommodation at this Quebec City hotel when visiting this charming and historic city. Located in the heart of the Quebec City business community and easily accessible from main highways, the Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville is an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers. Located a short distance from the Old City, cruise ship terminal and Plains of Abraham, this Quebec City hotel offers easy access to the Videotron Centre, the Museum of Civilization, the Quebec Convention Center and the Quebec Fine Arts Museum. Guests staying at the hotel will be close to all of the entertainment and major happening of Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Hotel Quebec City
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Quebec/Quebec City