“Wonderful Hotel!”

Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville
Ranked #37 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was the first time I had stayed at a Best Western Plus--and my first trip to Quebec City. It's a great hotel, and the location is perfectly fine as well, in the center of Quebec's downtown in close proximity to numerous bus stops. I had got myself an upgraded room. It was very, very nice. Everything looked new and immaculate. The TV was large and had numerous HD channels. Wi-Fi was free (at least for my room) and worked reliably. The staff was courteous. Upon learning that it was my first trip to Quebec, they gave me a map and showed me, on the map, where all tourist attractions were. They told me where to buy the daily pass for the city bus, which I did. In the morning, I just walked to Old City. It's about 20 minutes from the hotel through European-style streets and houses, although it requires climbing several San Francisco-style hilltops. I thoroughly enjoyed the walk and took the city bus back. It's an attractive hotel in a gorgeous city. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade it to a larger room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. I am glad you thought we are a “wonderful hotel”! We do offer free wi-fi in every room, as well as in all public area of the hotel. And indeed, the 1.2km walk to get to the Old City includes a few hills. We usually suggest the opposite to gest, i.e. to take the bus or a taxi to go, and then walk around and come back by walk as the hill in going down. Actually, our location is ideally suited to discover the old walled city but also many other places of interests like the Convention Center (1.1 km), Old Port & Cruise Terminal (2 km), famous Château Frontenac (2.0 km), Pepsi Coliseum & Expocité Exhibition Center (3 km) to name only a few. We are very proud of our privileged location in the city making almost all of Quebec sight and attractions easy to reach for our guests by walk, or a short bus or cab ride quickly arranged with one of our staff. And you are right, be prepared to walk in Quebec City, it is the best way to discover it! Finally, I would like to say that I am happy to read that you would “definitely stay here again”! It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward for your next visit in Quebec City.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

it my first time at quebec,normal room clean but look old.the best part I like abt this hotel is the pool.when you walk out of the hotel turn left opposite the hotel there got 2 mini mart and a few restaurants.
breakfast is buffet style,not much choices.
front desk service is poor.

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and took advantage of our location. Concerning you buffet breakfast comment, I would like to highlight that in addition to the buffet breakfast, our “à la carte” breakfast menu offers more than 20 different plates. So it is quite impossible not to find something to your liking! And concerning your comment on the front desk service, I am disappointed you found that their service was poor. I wish I had more details. Their service is usually commended by our guests as every effort is maintained by the hotel staff to provide exceptional, friendly and courteous service. Although I am surprised to read it, we are considering your comment very seriously and it will be passed along to the management for a follow up. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Québec the next time you are in Québec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one and that you are provided with the efficient and friendly service you deserve. Best regards.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during our road trip to the east coast. The room was adequate, reasonably priced and comfortable.

The buffet breakfast had good choices, but the scrambled eggs were almost like soup the first day. The next day, the scrambled eggs ran out and no one seemed to care. I pointed out that the container was empty, but it never did get filled again. It also appeared that they had some personnel issues that morning because there were lots of empty seats, but a long line at the door waiting to get a seat....a lot of people left out of frustration.

Also, since I was doing a road trip to the east coast I had a couple of coolers in the car with freezer packs. The room didn't have any refrigerator so I asked the front desk if they had any place where I could freeze them. The woman at the front desk said that they had a fridge in the back and could put my packs in the freezer........FOR A COST OF $15.00!!!!! Needless to say, that I didn't have frozen freezer packs for the next part of my journey.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our “great location and affordable” hotel room. However, your experience with the restaurant is very regrettable and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Your comments have been transmitted to the restaurant manager and a proper follow up will be done in order to prevent recurrence. And concerning the fact that you were offered to use the Front Desk freezer for a cost of 15$, I truly believe there has been a misunderstanding. For guests that are lodge in our traditional rooms and don’t have a fridge, we do rent some compact-fridge for a cost of 15$ plus taxes. But we would not charge for using the Front desk freezer. Sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. The Front Desk Manager has also been informed and be assured that it will never happen again. Once more, thank you very much for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. It is through comments such as yours that we are improving and will carry out the necessary measures to ensure that the problems you experienced are refrained. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will come back to stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. I promise we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. Best regards.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was my first time in quebec!It was a great experience. The staffs no doubt were kind and helpful right from the start till the end of our stay. We were suggested by the guy on the front desk to go to few must go places like island d'orleans even gave us a map!Great location, close to good restaurants,shops and just few minutes drive to old quebec.our rooms were neat and clean just as we expected.Beds were comfy,was provided with all the needs. But one of my concern was the air con it was going on and off making us all a little uncomfortable in the middle of the night specially early in the morning it was off for quite long but overall it was great would love to come back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our “kind and helpful” staff. We strive on a daily basis to ensure that our staff always takes time to interact with guests in proposing activities, suggesting restaurants, showing directions, etc. As always, I am proudly passing on your comments to the entire team knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to continue our constant efforts. Indeed, Orléeans Island is just gorgeous, especially during fall season with all the trees changing color, apple picking orchards, wineries, cider mills and many other various artisans. What a great pretext to discover the country side of Quebec City! And it’s only 15 minutes’ drive from our hotel. So there is no reason to skip it! Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and loved the location. It is about a 20 minute walk to the old part of the city. We used the bus as it was raining. The 801 bus stops about a block away from the hotel to go to the old section and the return 801 bus stops at the corner of the hotel. It is $3, coins only and exact fare. The restaurant is in the basement and the breakfast was good. Parking is valet only but the $22/day allows for in and out with no extra charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am happy that you enjoyed our Bistro le 330 for breakfast. Next time, try our Bistro Le 330 at night! Our new restaurant has a chic and trendy decor, a relaxed atmosphere, an attentive service and serves Americanized comfort food with a few intrusions of classic French bistro items. Also, it is true that the public bus (RTC) is a very good option, especially on rainy days, to go to the Old City from our property as it passes right in front of the hotel and costs only 3$ per adults and free for children under 5 years old. And, on weekends, children under 11 years old travel for free when accompanied by an adult. If you plan multiple commutes on a same day, a daily bus pass can be purchased at 7.25$ per person with unlimited access throughout the same day! Moreover, be aware that a taxi cab ride from our hotel to the entrance of the Old City cost about less than 10$ because the ride is 3-5 minutes long to make the 1.2 km (0.75 mile) that separates us from the Old CIty. It is even more interesting when you are sharing it. So depending on guests needs, both taxi cab and public bus transportation are cheap solutions if you prefer not to walk. Once again, thank you very much for your contribution. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Drive up to the doors and we were met by the door man. Went inside to check in and it was a great experience. The young man knew everything I asked him. Wheat up to the room and it is beautiful. Looks like it was just redone. I would give this hotel at least four stars.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them on tripadvisor. In fact, according to the Quebec Tourism Office, we are classified a 4 star hotel. And according to the CAA /AAA associations, we are classified 3 diamonds. Indeed, we continually renovate and renew our decor, part by part, every year, focusing on comfort and practical classic features for travelers in order to always improve ourselves. Cleanliness and guest service being our top priority, we can honestly say that we deserve our 4 stars! We are also happy that you liked our great staff members. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked in to the hotel to find out that we had been upgraded free of charge to the executive-class section of the hotel. Our stay was off to a great start! Wonderful little bar, cafe and restaurant on site. It's close to restaurants and shops, but about a 20 minute walk to Vieux Québec. Really friendly staff, beautiful hotel. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for such a positive review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to share your good experience with the community. I am passing on your comments to all the team, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are sincerely happy to know that you would stay with us again the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!