We booked through Priceline and were initially disappointed when we got this hotel due to the mixed reviews and apparent distance from the main tourist attractions. Like other reviewers, the outside appearance did little to change our minds as we drove up. However, we ended up enjoying our stay very much.
PROS: Awesome service. Front desk staff at check in, upon learning it was our first trip to Quebec, immediately provided a map and some great suggestions on how to spend our first evening without our even having to ask. We also received a room upgrade to an "executive" room, which I think mostly meant we had a giant shower, but this was a pleasant surprise considering many hotels' tendency to give Priceline customers the less desirable rooms. Valet service was always quick even when it looked very busy. Room was immaculate, which is always my primary concern.
Though some of the surrounding streets were a bit deserted, others were quite nice and we liked being a bit away from the throngs of tourists in the Old City. A nearby cafe, the Brulerie St. Roch, was a great spot for a yummy coffee and pain au chocolat to start the day.
CONS: 10-15 minute walk to the major tourist attractions up some serious hills and stairs. We are active so didn't mind the walk in and of itself, but it was a deterrent to going back to the hotel during the day. As long as you plan to be out and about and not spend a lot of time in the room, not a deal breaker. Parking seemed a bit expensive at $22/day. Room decor was a little drab, not exactly romantic, but about what you expect from a Best Western.
Bottom line - we'd go back. Recommended if you're looking for a comfortable, friendly, and reasonably priced "home base" from which to explore Quebec, and don't mind doing some walking or venturing outside the main touristy areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy 4-stars accommodation at this Quebec City hotel when visiting this charming and historic city. Located in the heart of the Quebec City business community and easily accessible from main highways, the Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville is an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers. Located a short distance from the Old City, cruise ship terminal and Plains of Abraham, this Quebec City hotel offers easy access to the Videotron Centre, the Museum of Civilization, the Quebec Convention Center and the Quebec Fine Arts Museum. Guests staying at the hotel will be close to all of the entertainment and major happening of Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Hotel Quebec City
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Quebec/Quebec City