I am very disappointed by this hotel. I am currently staying in the hotel, but and upset enough to take time to write the review while still on vacation. The hotel is nice enough, clean and meets all standard requirements, but the service is awful.
When I booked the hotel (on expedia and over a month ago), I called right away to request joining rooms. We are traveling with 4 children, my 2 kids and 2 friends. I was told over the phone that there was no problem, that the note had been made and that I would have 2 rooms that were joining.
When we arrived it was a different story. We had rooms next to each other, but not joining. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is very inconvenient and my husband and I have to split up so we are each in a room with the kids. Not at all what we had planned for. On top of this, the man at the desk was so rude and dismissive that I will never come back here. He asked if I had paid the guarantee fee of $10. I told him that I had never heard of this but would have. He simply replied "oh well, nothing I can do, my colleague made a mistake" then handed my my room keys and said "next"!!
Later than night, I went ask about getting a taxi for my family and he wrote down a number for me and again was dismissive. I asked if he could call for me, as I am not from Quebec and he directed me to a pay phone by the door. I then saw special taxi phones and asked if I could use that, and his reply was a shrug "I guess." I know this is not a 5 star place, but you would think we could expect a little more. He left me frustrated enough that on our return later that night, I refused to stop at the front desk to ask the questions we had for today.
If I had not already paid for the room and it was non-refundable, I would have left the hotel after my first interaction with the front desk. Luckily we are only here to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy 4-stars accommodation at this Quebec City hotel when visiting this charming and historic city. Located in the heart of the Quebec City business community and easily accessible from main highways, the Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville is an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers. Located a short distance from the Old City, cruise ship terminal and Plains of Abraham, this Quebec City hotel offers easy access to the Videotron Centre, the Museum of Civilization, the Quebec Convention Center and the Quebec Fine Arts Museum. Guests staying at the hotel will be close to all of the entertainment and major happening of Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Hotel Quebec City
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville Quebec/Quebec City