“Breakfast was terrific!”
Review of Restaurant 1640

Restaurant 1640
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 1640 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fort St
Description: Simple and tasteful Be it for breakfast, lunch, happy hours or dinner, you'll discover a tastefull and simple cuisine that longs to be discovered. Pizza, pasta and bistro classics such as steak frites and lamb shanks await you. Or you could also squander time away at our lovely bar section over a glass of Merlot
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Breakfast was terrific and reasonably priced. A real find in a very expensive city. This was probably the best meal we had in two days in Quebec City.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Decided to ignore cost and have a blow out meal on our last night in QC. Both had the filet mignon and lobster with a bottle of merlot. Absolutely fantastic. The waiter seemed a little apologetic about the lack of veg but we both felt the meal was well balanced, the vegetables were very tasty, the lobster was perfect and the beef was cooked to perfection. The one time I really did not mind tipping the waiter either - he was polite and attentive all evening. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

1640 is on tourist bus square opposite the Frontenac so it’s going to be crowded.
We had an excellent breakfast there before the tourists had got off the cruise ships, so we decided that the wait for a table in the evening was probably worth it.
I ordered Veal Parmesan with pasta and she who must be obeyed chose Shrimps and Scallops. Both dishes were well presented. Mine was a substantial amount of food and I wasn’t expecting a ragu on the pasta. The volume defeated me, but it tasted very good.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

2 couples from Ontario visited this restaurant in Sept. Right in the heart of the action of the Old City the breakfast menu encompasses just about everything you would want. The omlettes are light and fluffy, The fruit cup fresh and filled with all types of fruit. The service is friendly without being overbearing. I would give the 1640 a 10 out of ten

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went there in the late evening. The fries were good and I had a hamburger. The Creme Brule was my favorite ever though. And I've had a lot of Creme brules. If I am ever in Canada or Quebec again, I'll definitely be coming by.