“Good meal with nice outdoor space”
Review of SSS Restaurant

SSS Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Opened in november 2009, the Simple Snack Sympathique, at 71, rue Saint-Paul, a few minutes walking distance from Toast! its older brother! SSS offers you 2 ambiances. Enter through the lounge section, with its high tables and chairs and the music a beat higher. The restaurant section offers another decor and more cosy atmosphere with its working fireplace where time is of no importance to savour a great meal.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We chose this restaurant because it was close to our hotel and had an outdoor seating area. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars. It was definitely better than average but very good may be slightly over-rated. We had the crab cake which was good but not the best one I have ever had. Service was good.

Resto_sss, Responsable relations clients at SSS Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. Regards.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We ate here late one evening. they let us sit on the patio and their beer was delicious. The specials were delicious and very rich! Great service as well

Merci beaucoup for those good comments. Hope to have you again at SSS.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel. The service was soo attentive and our server, Mary, gave excellent suggestions. The duck wings in ginger and garlic sauce were out of this world!! The crab cake dinner and the flank steak was exceptional. No room for desert, but will be back to try one.

1  Thank Joseph B

We wait for you for a dessert! Thank you very much for your very nice review, hope to have you again very soon at SSS! Best regards!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

After driving over 9 hours in the rain to get to Quebec, we wanted to find some good comfort food close to our hotel. Our concierge recommended SSS since it was only a block or so away. So glad we took her advice. Loved the eclectic decor and feel of this restaurant. Our server was so pleasant and helpful. The food was fantastic and perfectly portioned. My wife had the BBQ ribs, which may have been some of the best I have ever tasted, and I had the hanger steak. It was perfect and the grilled veggies that came with it were great.
We would go back in a heartbeat.

Merci beaucoup! Those comments are truly appreciate :) hope to have you again at SSS. Best regards!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to try this place for a while since it is related to Toasts. We were a party of 4 and had dinner on the patio during Canada Day weekend.
2 out of 3 appetizers were good (salmon tartar and pulled pork poutine). My wife's starter was popcorn shrimp and though it could have been pleasant enough, it was much too salty.
3 out of 4 mains were good (Lobster mac'n'cheese, Angel hair pasta with duck confit and Chicken breast cooked "sous vide").
I personally had the boudin noir (blood sausage) as a main. Though its consistence was enjoyable, it was overly salty, beyond anything that could be considered edible!
Even though I had mentioned to our waiter the fact that my wife's starter was too salty and also that my main was equally too salty, nothing was done to compensate us. I asked our waiter to taste the boudin noir in the kitchen if he got the chance.
At the time of paying for the meal, I asked him for some news about the dish, he replied that the chef decided to throw away the whole batch of boudin after tasting it!!! I think I did them a favor letting them know about the horrible taste of their own cuisine, and I also think that simply waiving the 24$ dish from our 200$ bill before tip would have been appropriate (as you are not supposed to charge a customer for something you agree to throw at the garbage) and would have cost them less than what they will loose if only one potential customer opt not to try the restaurant because of this review.
Overall, this place has potential but it just lacks common sense!

Better go at Boulay bistro or L'Echaudé. Also, Patentes et Machins was quite recommendable.

1  Thank Dex888

Thank you to took time to write about your experience at SSS, we take note of your comments, we take them very seriously. Regards.