“Nice hotel in the Old Port area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive

Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive
Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Nice hotel in the Old Port area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

Nice and well kept hotel. Limited services but perfectly located for business. Near good restaurant. Clean room and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

Quaint little hotel, was once a bank. Rooms are interesting with exposed brick walls and funky furniture, yet elegant at the same time. Friendly, helpful staff, even when a snowstorm hit and I was unable to leave. Short ride away to my favorite dogsledding venue.

Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank 060310g
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

This hotel was great. The rooms are beautiful with very high ceilings. Nice jet tub in a large bathroom. The location was perfect. Close to some nice restaurants and short walk to all the old city sites.

The thing that impressed me the most about this hotel was the service. From the arrival to departure, multiple staff members went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and oriented. When we arrived at 12, our room wasn't ready, but they took our baggage and offered to call my cell when the room was ready. An hour later, I got a call as promised. I've stayed in a number of hotels around the world and that service has never been offered to me. I was impressed.

My wife was not feeling well so I went in search of a hot drink. There is a self service coffee / tea machine that the gentleman at the front desk showed me, then very courteously made sure that I knew there were tea pots, and a nice selection of tea available, then he filled my tea pot for me. I'm just saying, he could have said it was back there, but he went the extra step and helped. That's service.

When trying to figure out car rentals, and some locations, another member of the front desk staff called around for me to get some rates and gave some great suggestions. Again, I think they went out of their way to be helpful.

When making a reservation at a sugar shack, yet another member of the staff made the call for me.

I'm impressed.

The breakfast was nice, I had the eggs benny, and my wife some scrambled eggs. I mean, it wasn't gourmet, but I cleaned my plate with ease.

My only complaint would be the heating / air conditioning units in the room. They're a little loud.

I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SnickersToronto
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

we got a superb deal to stay in a large suite. With a young children a large suite is very pleasant.

staff was welcoming. Breakfast was a 3/5. Would prefer to recommand to walk 20 minutes and have a breakfast at clocher penché.

Its pretty close from very nice restaurant.

the only bad point would be that the hotel is clean but a bit "dusty". I think that the cleaner do a quick job and arent cleaning with details !

otherwise it worth the value

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed for 1 night in February. I love this location, near Place Royale in the Old Port, so romantic and dreamy.

Our suite, a spacious two-level room with an incredibly high sealing, had a dining area (table and chairs), a small fridge and sink, a living room (TV, sofa-bed, armchairs) and a mezzanine with a bed, jacuzzi and en suite. All this in one room, so we were glad it was just the two of us.

The furniture was simple, cottage style and a bit faded. Two large (immense!) windows faced the Civilization Museum with its glass tower. There was a coffee maker and free WiFi.

Hotel staff were all very courteous. There is a sitting area by the lobby that's really nice, with exposed brick walls, leather furniture, stained glass light fixtures and a fire place.

I'm including some pics of the suite, I couldn not find any when booking.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank innaMontreal
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed there for 2 nights during the last weekend of Winter Carnaval/Valentines Day. It was fabulous. Staff was very friendly and helpful -- arranged dinner at Aux Anciennes Canadiens and a trip out to the Ice Hotel (very cool!). It was one of the finest rooms we've ever stayed in -- creaky wood floors, large bathroom, had to walk down your own small hallway to get to the bed area. Felt like your own cozy apartment. We were so tired from maneuvering through the sheeple at Carnaval (and so enamored with our room) that we stayed in our first evening and ordered Chinese and champagne (thanks to the staff's help). Breakfasts were amazing -- good choices and freshly made. We would definitely come back. Next time maybe stay in their urban-hip sister hotel "71" next door.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WayNorthGirl
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

Spent one night at the L'Auberge Saint-Pierre. We got a great rate on a suite. The suites were spacious and cozy, felt like a warm cottage instead of a hotel room. The staff were very friendly and were more than willing to help us pick out great restaurants and fun things to do. The walls were a little thinner than I'd like, I could hear the staff starting to clean in the morning. But overall it felt very private.

The area is gorgeous for just walking around and finding great places to eat and shop. It's a very romantic walk at night.

I would definitely stay at L'Auberge Saint-Vincent again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple