My husband and I traveled for the holiday to Quebec City. We had never been and had both always wanted to go. We have no children, we are in our early 30's, and love craft beer/ local culture. We chose the L'Auberge Saint-Pierre from a listing on Kayak.com because it looked quaint and it was in the old port district (walking distance to anything in Old Quebec City). The price was right where we typically like to be (approx. $140 per night), but the price did not include valet parking (there is absolutely NO overnight street parking) which was an extra $20 a night. The upside of this $160 per night price was a cafe style breakfast every morning included in the price. THIS was fantastic. A menu with approximately 10 items to choose from ranging from crepes to goat cheese omelets w/ fruit, potato and endless juice and coffee. This breakfast we had each morning would normally cost us about $20-$30 daily. Not only was it included, but it tasted fantastic, the service was amazing, and the room was casual elegant (white linens, white china, and small wooden tables).
The service at L'Auberge Saint-Pierre was exceptional from the moment we walked in (10pm on a Wednesday) to the moment we left. The valet even ran to our car (no idea where they parked them) and retrieved a bag from the trunk for us lickety split. The front desk, servers in the dining area, valet, managers, housekeeping, and bartenders were genuinely kind and eager to make our experience the best it could be.
The building at L'Auberge Sait-Pierre is perfectly located in the old port district. This is steps away from the Rue de Petit (which is the oldest street in Quebec City) and absolutely beautiful and super safe. We are from NY; we're used to looking over our shoulders when we walk anywhere. NOT in Quebec City. We wanted to go from one pub in old Quebec to a brewery in new Quebec City and were considering making the 20min walk. We asked the barkeep in the pub if it was safe--he laughed and said "this ain't NY my friends. We had 1 murder in all of 2009 and that was considered a fluke." We decided on a cab anyway and he called us one quick. The cab driver drove us approximately 2 miles and the price was $7. SEVEN dollars? We attempted to give him a $10 bill for the fare and he gave us back $2 and told us that was WAY too much. Seriously? Yes. Seriously.
Our room at L'Auberge Saint-Pierre was nice. The bed was a queen with feather pillows and a down comforter inside of a duvet cover. There was exposed brick on the exterior wall and our window faced a museum. There was a desk, a casual chair, a coffee table, two bedside tables, an Armour, and a flat screen t.v. in the bedroom. The bathroom was large with a pedestal sink and a jacuzzi tub. The colors were great (deep reds and wood) and I believe we were the loud ones on the floor because we never heard anyone else during our visit (they were fully booked).
If you are visiting Quebec City you should consider L'Auberge Saint-Pierre. We spent 5 days in the city and looked at a million other inns/hotels and wouldn't stay in a different one when we return. The price, mixed with the location/staff/breakfast and ambiance made it a perfect vacation for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is no small wonder that Le Saint Pierre is one of Quebec City's most sought-after properties. The combined beauty and elegance of its 200 year-old façade with the natural warmth of its interior with parquet flooring and exposed stone and brick walls is, quite simply, beautiful. Fine hotel elegance and incomparable, intimate Old Quebec charm make our 30 rooms and 9 Suites a winning combination for all our guests. Cozy, warm atmosphere as well as complimentary breakfast and Internet access await you at Le Saint Pierre, Auberge Distinctive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Saint-Pierre Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Pierre Quebec
- Auberge St Pierre
- Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive Quebec/Quebec City