This is a mixed review, colored in no small way by our lost luggage thanks to yet another horrible experience with United Airlines (bring back my beloved Continental, please!). Each of us had only one change of clothes and the hotel was very accommodating - offering to do our laundry for us on Christmas Day. Excellent. So let's continue with the good stuff. This hotel has much to offer: Location being the number one benefit. Several decent restaurants nearby. A short walk to Place Royal, Petite Champlain, the Funicular, etc. The hotel staff as mentioned is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are nice and the bed and linens comfortable, the exception was the fold-out couch for my 14 year old daughter which was nothing less than uncomfortable.
There were a couple of additional issues. We booked a suite, the nicest class of rooms in the hotel. It clearly stated on their website (at the time-hopefully they corrected it) that the bed would be a King, or California King. It was a Queen bed. Not a terribly big deal, but one of the amenities that added to my decision to lodge there, so disappointment was unavoidable. Breakfast is included in the room rate here, but everything is extra. Want cheese on your omelet? Extra. A bagel instead of toast? Extra. Fresh lemon for your lox? Nope. The server was friendly but unyielding - the answer was always either "no" or "it's extra." I almost felt like she took some twisted pleasure in her refusals since it happened so frequently. The breakfast is respectable, with the exception of the burnt crepes on our last day. Keurig in the room had one cup of coffee only. Finally, I booked this room several months early. After we arrived, I discovered a "stay 3 nights, get one night free" offer. We were there for six nights. I asked for the discount, got another "no", and had to take it to the manager to get one night reduced. All in all I would recommend the stay unenthusiastically - I think they need a few changes to their business model to make it an excellent stay. Mixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is no small wonder that Le Saint Pierre is one of Quebec City's most sought-after properties. The combined beauty and elegance of its 200 year-old façade with the natural warmth of its interior with parquet flooring and exposed stone and brick walls is, quite simply, beautiful. Fine hotel elegance and incomparable, intimate Old Quebec charm make our 30 rooms and 9 Suites a winning combination for all our guests. Cozy, warm atmosphere as well as complimentary breakfast and Internet access await you at Le Saint Pierre, Auberge Distinctive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Saint-Pierre Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge St Pierre
- Auberge Saint Pierre Quebec
- Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive Quebec/Quebec City