“Fantastic stay in every way”

Relais Charles-Alexandre
Ranked #22 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is everything that we were looking for. The rooms were small but much bigger than the rooms that we have had in France. The bathroom was well done, modern and spotlessly clean. The staff left the room immaculate each day. The location was excellent within easy walking distance of everything and right on the best restaurant street in town. Breakfast was in a nice French style breakfast room There was a choice of muffins, croissant, toast plus juice, coffee, yogurt and fruit. No one should go hungry. Breakfast is served by the staff at tables with white linen table clothes. I don't remember all of the staff names but they were all very helpful and knowledgeable about the city. Veronica and Carl are two that I remember and I apologize to the other excellent staff whose names I don't recall but certainly made our stay pleasant. The parking is inexpensive and tight but the staff made sure that our car was available when we needed it. I highly recommend this quaint style hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor because of mobility. The stairs are narrow and there is no elevator...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlizzardND

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We spent 5 nites at Relais C-A. First the good stuff - location is phenomenal, near rue Cartier which is not as touristy & there are restaurants, food markets and a laundromat. The hotel itself is beautiful and very clean. The continental breakfast was ok but very repetitive especially staying there 6 mornings. We stayed on the 3rd floor which they call the 2nd floor, 36 narrow stairs which is crazy when you have luggage to carry up for 6 days. The parking is alittle tight, we got a parking ticket cuz we parked on the road one nite cuz we could not fit our SUV into the one spot that was left - classy hotel, they refunded our parking for all nites so the ticket only cost us $1.00! The room #6 was small, nice bathroom but no fridge which we really missed having and no table/desk with chair and the A/C was on the noisy side when it kicked in. All this being said, we would stay there again if for a short time like 2 nightes and would ask for a room on the main or second floor!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mykonoslady
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very nice little hotel just 10 minutes walk from the walls of the old city and 5 minutes to Battlefield Park. My room was quiet, very clean and comfortable. I stayed in a standard room on the first floor. The bathroom was only separated from the rest of the room by a wall and curtain. Fine for me as I was on a solo trip, but maybe not so suitable for more than one person! Breakfast was very nice. Parking was a minor hassle, but I found parking in Quebec City a hassle in general. All in all, a lovely little place that I would definitely stay at again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

A nice little B&B not a hotel. Parking is a little tight. All in all, I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are plain and simple. They are very clean and comfortable. Staff is extremely efficient and courteous. Breakfast is filling! The place is convenient to Ave. Cartier which has plenty of restaurants and bistros. A nice value.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the back of the hotel. Our room was facing the Grand Allee which is a very busy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Three friends and I spent a long weekend at this lovely little hotel in late September, 2012. Our rooms were quiet, clean, roomy and attractive. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. The staff at the front desk and breakfast room were friendly, polite, and helpful. A good location to explore Québec on foot. Parking behind the hotel was convenient. Will gladly return, and will urge friends to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank francoamerican85
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Max and Andrea were the night time desk attendants and they were great resources. We solicited their advice regularly on where to do and what to see and do. They were never wrong--recommened dining (either in the city or off the tourist path) was fantastic--near the hotel I had some of the best pasta I've eaten outside of Italy. The hotel itself was turly european--no elevator but easy to accomodate. The breakfast was also delicious, you start with a fruit plate and beverages of your choice and then pick your entrees from a menu. It is less than a 10 minute walk to the Old City, the Plains of Abraham, and the Citadel. My friend and I commented on how it was also the cleannest hotel we had stayed in EVER. Every day the room was spotless, no dust or dirt on the hardwood floors, no random hair or mess in the bathroom (as can happen when women blowdry their hair daily in the bathroom). It really was remarkable. The room was also a bit larger than I anticipated given my experience with European hotel rooms. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and left windows open 24/7 so it did get a little loud the morning of tras...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Clean, quiet, close to the park and not so far from the old city, I ate for breakfast the best muffin ever tried in my life! :D

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family