My best friend and I stayed here July 15-20. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because it could offer us two beds in one room. We were unsure about the location, but the location was perfect. Lots of great restaurants and shops within a block or two of the hotel. Easy walk to Hotel Frontenac. Staff were amazing (especially Annie-Karine, Veronique, and Phillippe)--very attentive and willing to help with reservations, directions, suggestions, anything you need. Nice lobby area with a full bar and service. Breakfast typical european--croissants, yogurt, fruit, cheese. Nice outside area for breakfast. Rooms and BR were a good size with great beds. We had a view of the water which was nice. Do not understand the negative reviews about lighting. I found it to be fine and there are lights directly attached to the headboards and the natural light was also good if you opened the blinds. Hotel has a very chic modern look and all the staff from maids to desk clerks to concierge willing to meet your every need. Would definitely stay here again if we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City