This was certainly one of the best boutique hotels I have stayed in. Firstly, my husband and I make our annual trip to Quebec City with his full size pick-up truck (21 feet long and 6'2" high lol) because part of our trip includes a visit to Ikea ;)... So finding parking is a challenge. The staff at this hotel was so great about reserving us a spot in their parking lot so that we had easy access in and out of the lot. The staff at this hotel is very helpful in other ways as well! As soon as we arrived, they provided us with detailed information about the area, the best rest aureate, shops and events that were going on that weekend. Our room was fantastic as well. It was very clean and comfortable (as was the rest of the hotel for that matter!). In the evening, chocolates and bottled water were delivered to our room which we greatly appreciated. The hotel also offers breakfast that is included in the room rate, and it was really surprising. There was a selection of pastries, cereals, breads, cheeses, juices, tea, coffee (and I should mention that there is an espresso machine available in the lobby for guests 24 hours a day), hard-boiled eggs, bagels, toast and fruit! Normally we opt out of hotel breakfasts, but we were glad we decided to check this one out! The lobby is organized and decorated in a way that makes it very inviting and comfortable to enjoy breakfast or a coffee break. The location of the hotel is great also as it is very close to a lot of great shopping. My husband and I have already decided that we will stay here again next year. Awesome!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City