We stayed 4 nights at this lovely hotel. The staff were great. The continental breakfast included fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, breads, cheeses and cereals - very nice. As others have stated, the coffee/expresso machine made a great cup, and it is always available. Fresh fruits are also always available. Our room was lovely with 3 windows (one in the bathroom). There is not much privacy possible in the bathroom as the sink, toilet and shower are all in the open.
A couple of nits: two light bulbs were out, these were promptly fixed; one towel per person, we asked for more and they came up right away. The mini-bar frig is not a frig - it might keep something cold for awhile but it will not cool something down.
A great location to start walks but there is a climb to get up to the Frontenac area. We took the train, no need for a car in the old city - the hotel has a fee of course to park. Taxes are steep - the typical 15% on just about everything in Quebec plus an additional lodging tax. We had a great stay; might have given 5 stars but at this price level we're going with 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City