“Loews Le Concorde Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Concorde Quebec

Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
Ranked #47 of 107 Hotels in Quebec City
Hawthorne CA
“Loews Le Concorde Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I can't say that I have stayed at a hotel where the staff was courteous and outgoing prior to my stay at the Loews Le Concorde Hotel. They were very accommodating by moving me to an adjacent room when the internet was not working in the room in which I was initially assigned.

I had a great view of the St. Lawrence River, Le Chateau Frontenac and all of the surrounding area. The food at the revolving restaurant was delicious. I had a great stay at the hotel and would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DubyaB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went there on the 3rd and 4th of January with my 10 y.o. son for some rest, relaxation and visiting Quebec City. We got a room there through Priceline for 75$ / night - can't beat it. They gave us a lovely room with 2 double beds on the 24th floor, with a great view of the city. The staff was courteous and very helpful. We parked in the underground garage, but street parking would also have been possible.

I highly recommend this hotel for its perfect location and its proximity to the walled city, and for the quality of its staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tangomamma
Nathalie K, Manager at Hotel Le Concorde Quebec, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for your great comments on our property. We really hope that we will have the honor to host you again at Loews!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The customer service at this establishment is very unprofessional and not accomodating. I rented a SUV from Montreal to get to Quebec, and it doesn't fit in the "highly" adverstised underground parking. I was told that they are going to place it on the street - which doesn't do me much good, when its -16 degrees during the day and closer to -20 at night! On top of that they refused to waive the nightly charge for parking!!!

The internet access I called the hotel room ahead of time and asked if they offered free WiFi in rooms, they said yes - but when I got here I was told it was NOT free and that I had to pay to use the internet!

The rooms are VERY OLD and though they have nice views the accomodations at the hotel are definitely outdated and in NO WAY deserving of a 4 star rating... especially when you couple the customer service with the out-dated accomodations.

Overall I was very disapppionted by this hotel and will write a follow-up letter to AAA to see that there rating is re-visited, because they do NOT deserve their 4 star rating...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Good morning! First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenients you encountered during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Unfortunately, we can not change what happened but if you would like to contact me, it will be a pleasure to discuss about thoses issues with you. nkuntz@loewshotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Quebec City hotels

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here with a large group from my ski club and I accepted that it was going to be a large busy hotel. The location for NYE was perfect as the celebrations were literally next door on Grande Allee est. However for skiers I cannot recommend it with nowhere to keep/dry your skiis at night, a hottub that accommodates only 12 or 13 people for a hotel this size was laughable (and perpetually occupied by a group of American teenagers who had discovered legal alcohol for the first time), and no free wifi in the rooms or snow reports.

The wifi in the lobby is free but painful to connect to and painfully slow. The actual rooms were great but the towels were old and somewhat hard, and the heaters did not work to a thermostat so you had to get out of bed to turn them off once it got too hot.

I would only go here to go to the observation deck which affords the best view of the city around, but would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We have seriously taken all your suggestions in consideration and we will do our best to improve in this way.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights for New Years 2012 ...awesome view of city and fireworks
Clean rooms good service and great location. Go to park , museum and all shopping around. Cosmos Cafe next door is fantastic. The revolving restaurant is a must see.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for your great review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and the great location for the New Year's Eve celebrations. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stay here as a half way point for our drive from Toronto to Halifax. The service is always consistant and always above our expectation. This hotel caters to our dog as well as they cater to us. I love staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is always a pleasure for us to welcome back our guests with their pets! Thank you for your fidelity to Loews.
Lilongwe, Malawi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night with some friends. The location is fantastic as it is just steps away from the main strip of nightlife: all the well known restaurants, bars and nightclubs. The hotel was clean and the rooms spacious and comfortable, especially the beds! Wi-fi in the lobby is free but there is a charge to use it in the rooms - which always irks me. In my travels I have found that in the most basic of hotels and guest houses all over the world, Internet is always free and in the most luxurious ones you will be charged an arm and a leg. Other than that, I have no complaints! We paid about $150 a night for a room with two double beds.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Really great to hear back from our guests! We appreciate your feedback and took note of your comments to improve in the future.