“Great hotel, great top floor restaurant”

Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
Ranked #54 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We went to Montreal and Quebec city with my husband and my daughter, this hotel was beautiful, great location and service and the top floor restaurant was wonderful, great foor and atmosphere and it rotated so you could see the whole city...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rjb271
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your experience at the Loews Hôtel Le Concorde. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Québec City.

Camille Bardou

Write a ReviewReviews (2,162)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wonderful city wonderful hotel
Location location location. Great sights great restaurants good value

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at Loews Le Concord Hotel for several days this week, which was my first visit to the hotel in 25 years. Though the hotel is well located and the staff friendly, I was disappointed to see few things have changed in 25 years, or at least it seemed that way. As a frequent traveler, logging over 150 overnights a year, I feel confident in my ability to accurately assess which category a hotel falls into, regardless of the rating given to it by travel sites like Trip Advisor or by the casual traveler. In this case, Le Concord should receive 2 1/2 stars out of a possible 5 stars. The pluses are the hotel's location (walking distance to the Old City), a revolving restaurant on the top floor and it's friendly staff. The negatives include the out of date lobby decor (think 70's), guest room furniture that should have been tossed out 15 years ago, worn carpets in many areas and ridiculous parking charges. Le Concorde jut feels dated. In my book, there are many other hotels available in Quebec City that offer nicer accomodations at the same or lower price. I would not reccomend Le Concorde unti it gives itself a much needed facelift. Bonjour.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LAWatcher
Maheelee, Manager at Hotel Le Concorde Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Bonjour abd thank you for taking the time from your day to write and post a review on our property. We welcome all of our guest feedback and share them with both our management and staff.

Thank you for your nice comment concerning our location and staff. We are located at the entrance of Old Québec, between the Grande-Allée and the Plains of Abraham. We are convinced that our staff can make the difference in the guest experience that is why we invest a lot in training.
I am sorry that you did not like the decor of the lobby. We know that certain areas of the hotel are in need of attention and we are currently working on the future renovation plans. The lobby will be one of the major areas to be renovated.
I am surprised that you feel confident to assess the hotel category, because again this year we were just rated 4 diamond hotel by the AAA/CAA which is North America’s premier hotel rating program. We are sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations.
Thank you for staying with us. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future. Please contact me directly on your next visit.

Daniel Paré
Room Division Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were treated like king and queen, and even our 9-month old daughter was taken care of with stuffed animals and such. Valet service is a little slow, but everything else was amazing. The view from the rooms is beautiful, right in the heart of the city. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with your family. At Loews Hôtel Le Concorde, we have a program called ‘Loews loves kids’ to be able to respond the best to family needs. We have special amenities for babies, kids and teenagers to entertain the whole family. Thank you for pointing out the location of the hotel as well as view from the guestroom.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review. We hope to have you and your family again with us soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our trip was fantastic and a lot of fun. Extremely clean and very friendly staff. So conveniantly close to all Old Quebec has to offer. We only wish we could have stayed longer. Looking forward to going back soon. We just loved it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank trinity618
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for writing us a review following your recent stay. Thank you for pointing out the staff, the cleanliness of the guestroom and our great location.

We hope you will choose us again on your next trip to beautiful Quebec City.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

i stayed at loews concorde for a company meeting and the facilities were clean and there was a fitness center which was below average.
the rooms were spacious and the internet access was average.
the location is in the heart of the quebec city so close by the historic walk of old quebec.

smoking is common so make sure you ask for rooms that are not close to other people that smoke.
overall this is a good hotel for work functions but i would not stay here as a desired place to go.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Indotraveller_10

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. Through feedback we can improve and hopefully surpass our guest needs and expectations. Thank you for your comment about our location, the guestrooms and the meeting services.
I apologize for the apparent issue on the smoking. Just so you know, the entire hotel is non-smoking. If someone does smoke in the guestroom or in all other areas of the hotel, the person is given a $200 penalty. We are very sorry that you experienced that because it is not common and we take this breach very seriously.
We would like to thank you for staying at the Loews Hotel Le Concorde and we hope to see you again on your travels.

Daniel Paré
Room Division Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I will preface this by saying that we stayed at this hotel for 9 days in 2008 for a hockey tournament. This time I was only goign to be in Quebec city for one night, so booked through Priceline and got a great deal (105 I think, I bid higher than I normally would have because I needed the hotel for the same night and didn't want to mess around) Anyway, the rooms are quite roomy, have really nice views of the Plains of Abraham as well as the Frontenac and old Quebec. The staff are friendly, I like this hotel. However, if this had been my first stay it may have been different. Our room this time was not very clean, there was trash behind the bed and bedside table, and the bathroom sink had a ring of mold on the drain that I cleaned to do a little laundry. Also, we had a hard time getting the room to cool, and it was very hot while we were in QC. When I mentioned this to the front desk they were super helpful and reduced our parking fees, not that I was expecting them to.
Personally I like staying in this location as I could see that some parts in the walled area could be loud, although there are some really nice looking smaller hotels there as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank traveltoes
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. We enjoy reading your thoughts and concerns. It is through your feedback that we can improve and hopefully surpass our guest expectations.

Thank you for pointing out the concerns you had in your guestroom. At Loews Hôtel Le Concorde we value the empowerment our employees so they are prepared to respond the best the guest’s needs and anticipating any request. This being said, we are aware of the situation of this guestroom and will make sure to fix the problems.

Once again we would like to thank you for your constructive review and we hope to host you again on your next trip to Québec City.