“Neat little presentation, good to fit in between walking around all day”
Review of Musee du Fort

and up
Quebec City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #35 of 226 things to do in Quebec City
More attraction details
Owner description: This small museum chronicles the history of the city, including the numerous battles fought for its control.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband loves military history, so we weren't going to miss the Musee du Fort even though we knew it wasn't an elaborate museum exhibit. We were not disappointed.

We paid our fee, perhaps slightly higher than I'd like but still worth it, and entered into the theater. Comfortable seats and temperature, we were happy to enjoy taking a seat for a while to see the presentation. The presentation itself was very interesting, reminding me of an in-person version of the old movies I used to watch in history class in school. I loved the lights and sound display during the show. I think kids who are attentive and interested in the subject matter would love this show.

After the show, the guide comes in to answer questions. My husband also talked to the guide afterwards to ask more detailed questions about Quebec history and the young guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. We loved this little show!

All reviews
"lay of the land"
in 4 reviews
"the main attraction"

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This museum is mostly free but you can buy admission to a neat little multimedia show that uses a physical diorama. The show is about all of the different battles fought over the city of Quebec. There are both French and English shows and it was pretty entertaining. The rest of the musem has some plaques and old maps talking about the history of the city, especially military history. The employees were really nice and knowledgeable and sold me a really good biography on the life of Champlain. Really cool spot.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The light and sound show provides a wonderful overview of the history of Quebec from a military point of view. Since it is located in the old city and in the old fort, it is a good introduction to what is surrounding.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The 30 minute sound and light show with diorama was very good and our 5yo loved it. Our 2yo was not so interested. Check when the English shows are on, usually on the hour I think. There is no stroller access and nowhere downstairs to park strollers. The rest rooms are clean. We did not look at the other exhibits as we had limited time.