Old warm charm oozes from this property. The Fairmont company has maintained this property well. Service was attentive and efficient. In the new wing is the spa, fitness center, and outdoor patio seating, like you're in a mini park. Great views and is central to everything in the old quarter. Not much public space, reception takes up most of the lobby. While I had a large room with a partial view of the river, care must be taken to secure a room on a level above floor 5, as most of the lower rooms would have an obstructed view, if at all. Fairmont members receive free wifi. Room had refrigerator, K-cup coffee machine, and flat screen TV. The family room at 550 square feet has a nice sitting area to entertain, and is well worth the extra money. Eating here would be a challenge as the hotel has two restaurants that could never be able to accommodate all of its guests if the hotel was full.
The hotel deserves all five stars, but the dining room is currently not fully open. We were put on a waiting list for dinner both nights, because, I as told, "the dining room was fully booked." When I called the front desk for help, I was assured I would get a table because I was an in-house guest. When my party was brought to our table, I asked if we could be seated in the main part of the room, and again was told the dining room "was fully booked." During the 2.5 hours we enjoyed a wonderful meal, but the restaurant remained less than a third full. There were at least 15 tables around us that never had any patrons. My guests were curious, and I was embarrassed. When my guests left, I asked the Maitre D' what happened to his "fully booked" restaurant, and was told that the dining room is not yet fully functional. Very strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City