Book In Advance

from $125.21
from $64.85
from $111.70
More Info
All reviews whale watching dinner cruise minke whales big boat larger boat zodiac boat minute cruise montmorency falls lawrence river running commentary river cruise period costume three hours hour tour sunny day old quebec city louis
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Had a good three hour trip on the big boat. That was cold enough, wouldn't have wanted to be on the Zodiacs. Bad weather and visibility but saw quite a few whales so very pleased. It got a bit crowded inside when everyone wanted to go in out of the cold.

Date of experience: September 2018
Communications-AML, Public Relations Manager at Croisieres AML, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience aboard our Grand River boat. The fall weather actually makes the passengers warm up inside, which can make the boat seem more crowded than it actually is. It is for this reason that you must dress well to enjoy the beautiful view of the outer decks as much as possible.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Very simple. We traveled for 3 hours to come here. Our fault to not see the starting time: 16:45. I asked for refund politely. They told me no refund in rude and loud voice. It is alright that you don't give refund, but please be at least profession. Nobody wants to be yelled at during their vacation of the year. Anyway,
ruined our day. Don't recommend to come here.

Date of experience: August 2018
Communications-AML, Public Relations Manager at Croisieres AML, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your comment. If you are able to provide us with more information about who has responded to you, we will be able to follow up with the correct person in charge. We are sorry for this situation.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Some friends and I recently took the 1-1/2 hour tour starting at 4pm on the Louis Jolliet. This is the second time I've done this tour, the first being about 2 years ago. I did it again because the group I was with wanted to do it and I had had a good experience before.

We bought our ticket on-line and the $2 extra booking fee bugged me -- but we wanted to make sure we got tickets as I know it can be quite busy on board. We arrived 20 minutes early and were one of the first in line. The boarding process was good although could have been quicker without that process of getting your group photo by the boat's photographer. Somewhat annoying but I know some people like that option to buy your photos later. The boat is big with lots of options re: seating, both indoors or outdoors. My suggestion would be to try to sit on the RIGHT side of the boat (I always confuse starboard, etc... just stay right). The guide speaks to things on the right PLUS that will be your best photos of Montmorency Falls. The speaker system on the boat is good and we were able to hear the guide speak clearly even though we weren't on the same deck. The speech was in English and French and it was very interesting with lots of fun facts. The guide is dressed up in period costume and he is knowledgeable, approachable, and friendly. If you want to participate in a trivia to win a maple-whiskey liqueur, then you will want to be near him. I liked the little placards around the deck that have fun facts about Quebec City. There were a few bars on board that had a decent selection of drinks. The view of the City (especially Frontenac) from the water is amazing.

Overall, I would recommend this trip as a fun activity if the weather is nice and you are looking for something that will get you out into the fresh air on the St.Lawrence River.

Date of experience: July 2018

Glad you liked your trip. See you soon !

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

I found this tour very disappointing. The driver of the zodiac boat took us deep out into the very rough waves with no life jackets. We constantly hit huge waves that almost launched us off the boat for hours. We saw almost no whales and only stopped to see whales a few times. The rest of the time was hitting the waves. If you’re into wild boat rides go for it. If you want to see whales save your money

Date of experience: August 2017

We are sorry that you have had such an experience aboard one of our zodiacs. The weather is unpredictable on the water and sometimes we are facing this kind of situation. It is certain that the zodiacs are closer to the river and are more affected by the waves. For next time, we recommend perhaps to try the boat, which is more stable and comfortable.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We learned about the dinner cruise from our concierge at Hotel 71. It was fun, scenic, and obviously popular, as there wasn’t an empty table on the ship.

We opted for the three course menu and added some New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to our meal. The starter salad was modest but tasty. We selected the duck stuffed chicken as our main. It was tender, flavorful and quite ample. The dessert was a terrific chocolate cake.

Between each serving, four talented female acrobats showed their incredible strength, daring and poise. They were an added feature to the scenic views as the ship cruised in every direction along the St Lawrence River for three hours.

The dinner cruise and wine came to $260 Canadian. Money well spent for a lovely set of memories.

Date of experience: July 2018