“World class pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The pizzas were great the service exceptional. French or English no problem whatsoever. A bit of a hike past all the tourist trap bistros but take the walk you will be glad you did.

2  Thank bluenoseadventure

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Small restaurant offering great thin crust pizza, salads and a few other options. While we waited for our table, hostess and owner got us drinks immediately. Fresh cheese with artichoke rolls were a tasty appetizer. Had Caesar salad and 2 10" pizzas for our party of 3-plenty of food. The owner Marco went out of his way to ensure we had a great meal, along with great service. The creme brûlée a la Mars was fantastic for dessert. Two thumbs up for a quality meal that won't break the bank in expensive Quebec City, and family friendly too!

2  Thank Marta A
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After driving for 8 hours to get to Quebec City, my wife and I were looking for a light and fast meal before an early bedtime. After checking out the reviews, we decided to try La Pizzaio. It was about a 15 minute walk from where we were staying and it started pouring shortly after we headed out. We soon discovered that our effort was worthwhile. The owner, who was also the chef/waiter, was extremely friendly and welcoming and generously answered all of our questions. We started with a salad that was both fresh and beautifully presented, an unexpected surprise in a pizza place. And the pizzas were unlike anything we had ever seen or experienced, with amazingly thin crusts and delicious and unusual ingredients. All in all, La Pizzaio was a fabulous start to our weekend.

1  Thank rube1950
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I were visiting Quebec City for the first time for a 3 night, 4 day trip and we were initially looking at different restaurants for having lunch or dinner. My friend told me to look up the reviews for La Pizzaio and mentioned that it is ranked #6. Therefore, I checked the positive reviews and I told my friend we should definitely check it out.

It was not that far from our hotel in Old Quebec, I would say roughly a decent 10 minute walk up from rue St. Anne down to rue Saint-Paul? When we got there, we noticed how busy the restaurant was which was a good thing and the owners who were also the waiters from which I have come to known via the reviews kindly informed us that it would take roughly about 15 minutes. After exactly 15 minutes, we were seated at our table.

The table arrangement was very neat and the decor inside the restaurant was excellent and the choice of music as well. One of the owners gave us our menus and eventually Marco (the primary owner) came to our table and asked how we are doing, etc and asked us what we would like to have. When we gave our orders (I chose the vegetarian pizza), When I requested for the vegetarian pizza, Marco kindly asked whether I am a pure vegetarian and I said yes I am. This is a great thing in my books as I have never been inquired at all about my special dietary restrictions at all in my life at a restaurant despite it being a chain owned or a family owned restaurant.

Marco was also sweet enough to give us a small tasting appetizer (I forgot what it was called) but three of them had Chorizo (Portuguese Sausage) for my friends and the other was vegetarian with sun dried tomato and Marco kindly informed that one was vegetarian.

When Marco brought us the pizzas, it was DELICIOUS. It was the best thin crust pizza I ever had and my friends also enjoyed their pizzas (I forget what they had) but I could see the enjoyment in their faces. For $10 to $13 it is definitely worth every dollar and penny visiting this place. It was mouth watering.

Marco even suggested to us a few places to check out for the night life around Quebec City and we thanked him for that.

I know for sure I would visit this place in the future again.

PS Marco, if you are reading this, my friends and I were the ones who were visiting from Toronto - a group of four guys.

1  Thank emperoremp
Reviewed July 19, 2013

On our last evening in Quebec City, my wife and I happened to come across La Pazzio just across from the historic train station. After reading some reviews, we decided to give it a try. Quite frankly, we were blown away...

As others have said, the pizza itself is unlike any other pizza you'll ever have. The crust is thin, flavorful and uniquely prepared. The menu will tempt you with many inspired varieties. The Ceasar salad was bold and very tasty. And the service was personable and terrific. Truth be told, this was our favorite dinner experience of our entire trip, and several days later...we still have not stopped raving about this pizza!

Our only regret was not discovering La Pizzaio sooner. But rest assured, we cannot wait to come back when we visit Quebec City again.