“Great Atmosphere”
Review of Le Feu Sacre

Le Feu Sacre
Ranked #63 of 1,437 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Goffstown
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal and time at this great restaurant. Our food was great and at a reasonable price. Our waiter was outstanding! It is an intimate place that allows you to enjoy your meal without feeling rushed. We loved it!

• Polish first
Danbury, Connecticut
“Fantastic evening”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Feu Sacre is on Rue Saint -Louis which in itself is a great area to visit. We stopped in to have a drink and watch a parade kicking off the New France Festival and prior to fireworks. Got a seat by the window and it was the beginning to an amazing evening.

Started with scallops seared with chorizo sausages, saffron and chives sauce. Absolutely mouth watering! Also had romaine salad with bacon, Parmesan cheese and fried capers.

I had the Atlantic steak salmon with crispy breaded risotto spinach purée and orange and miso sauce. Wife had the strip loin steak. Both were fantastic.

Finished the meal off with creme Brûlée and chocolate molten cake. Our whole dining experience was amazing and our waitress was incredibly pleasant.

Lexington, South Carolina
“Finally, Great Food In Quebec City”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had heard that the restaurants in Quebec City were, by and large, good but not great. After a couple of $60 lunches that exactly fit that description, the concierge in our hotel recommended Feu Sacre. Eureka, he found the best we had. I had the Table d'Hote, an excellent wild boar pate followed by a creamy vegetable soup (just OK), then a duck leg confit (wonderful) with mashed potatos and baby veggies, followed by a dessert of chocolate mousse cake with caramel topping, another winner. The entrée plate was dressed with corn shoots, first time I'd seen them and they tasted like very sweet white corn! Every dish except the soup was way good. My husband started with the hit of the meal, an indescribable foie gras, $18 and worth every penny (my friends won't believe cheap me would ever say that about an appetizer at that price!), followed by the 8 oz. flat iron steak. We also had a nice bottle of wine and the total bill was $120 plus tip, which we thought was a good deal in expensive Quebec City. The restaurant is pleasant, a French country look in what appears to be a very old house. For the only time in our visit, service was very prompt and very friendly, thank you Nadia! Overall, just a terrific dining experience.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“this place really set a bad tone...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

While my husband and I were in town from VT last week to see Paul McCartney, we decided to spend an extra day to check out beautiful Quenec City. We didn't have much of a plan - we hoped to walk through the streets of the old city and check out different shops, bars, and restaurants. When we got hungry, we started looking for a place to eat that wouldn't a tourist trap, and we found this place. The reviews were good, and the menu looked enticing.

We both opted for the multi-course option, which included an appetizer, soup or salad, an entree, and dessert. At no point as we were ordering the the waiter mention any delay, and we had no reason to expect one as the restaurant appeared to be nearly empty.

My appetizer was salmon. A big pile of smoked salmon that was good, but not great. The soup was some kind of puree; my husband liked it, but I thought it was bland. The entree... um, apparently completely forgettable, because I don't even remember what I had. And the dessert was strawberries in a bowl with some whipped cream. Thrilling!

The problem, though, is that the whole thing took over two hours. Each course was spaced apart by 20 minutes or more. At first, we thought maybe we were being paced this way intentionally, but it was absurd! After waiting 20 minutes for our entree (and sadly recognizing that our night was - more or less - over), we asked the waiter what the delay was. It was hard to get his attention, because he'd been avoiding eye contact with us all night.... but once we did, he explained that they had a large group in the back and we were behind them. It seems to me that we could have been told this before we ordered a four course meal!

We had been looking forward to gallivanting all around the city, but by the time this meal was over, we were irritated and tired, and all the bars in the old city had closed. If the waiter had given us any indication that it would be like this, we might have just ordered one course, but as it was, it felt like we were being held captive.

He brought us each a complimentary drink in apology. I appreciate the gesture, but I didn't really want any more wine, and it didn't make up for our lost evening.

• Visited July 2013
Prince George, Canada
“Try the sugar pie”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went there in April. It was a very cold day but cozy and warm inside. We all had very good meals - ribs, chicken and steak - and great service. I decided to try the "sugar pie" as I'd never had it before but have always been curious. Home-made by the chef, it was amazing. Different from what I expected. Will definitely go back next time I'm in QC.

• Visited April 2013