“Lovely spot for sidewalk dining”

Le Grill Sainte-Anne
Ranked #696 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I did not stay in this hotel, but I did have lunch at the restaurant out front. After climbing the hill from the lower town on a warm August day, the shaded tables along Rue Sainte-Anne were the perfect spot for a tasty beer and delicious grilled vegetable salad. Service was polite and efficient. This is a GREAT SPOT for people watching!

1  Thank Rick_from_RI

Reviewed September 3, 2013

poor service and expensive for what was offered. High priced wines and salads. Entrees were really high for this restaurant

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife, 11 year-old grand daughter and I stopped in at this restaurant without any prior information. It has a kids menu which helped our decision in a very tourist-oriented area. Old Quebec City has many restaurants from which to choose, but when you're towing along a child it becomes more of a challenge.

The service was decent enough and our server, as well as all the other staff, made a strong effort to speak in English. No big surprise that tourism is the brwed and butter of this part of Quebec City. We were served our meal within a very reasonable amount of time, and the food quality was excellent. My wife's streak was super, and the very funky veggie pizza I ordered was the best pizza I've ever had. And it was filling. Our grand daughter loved her spagetti.

I also noticed that another server was having fun talking to a young Chinese boy who was there with his parents.

We decided to eat outside on the cobblestone walkway, which added to the enjoyment of the meal. The interior of the restaurant is very hip, and would appeal to Gen Y and Gen X, though being 58 I'd enjoy it probably just as much.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great location, a bit overprices, average food. We were there for dinner. Our waiter was amazing - funny and helpful (I was having hard time choosing from the menu), and spoke very good English. I ended up ordering smoked fish pizza, which was OK - tasty, but not exactly what I expected. My boyfriend ordered a fillet, medium, and it was overcooked - almost well done. Not a bad experience overall if you don't expect outstanding food - it's in the very heart of a tourist area, it's the location you pay for, not food.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Restaurant only. 20 min wait although seats were obviously open. Waitress took our order and then we saw her 3 times in the next hour. A long wait for food which was overpriced for what was served. No garnishes for baked potato. No hand cleaner despite having ribs. Daughter ended up dipping her hand in her water glass to wash her hands. An awful experience.