“Great location, a bit overprices, average food”

Le Grill Sainte-Anne
Ranked #341 of 1,453 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Ottawa, Canada
“Great location, a bit overprices, average food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great location, a bit overprices, average food. We were there for dinner. Our waiter was amazing - funny and helpful (I was having hard time choosing from the menu), and spoke very good English. I ended up ordering smoked fish pizza, which was OK - tasty, but not exactly what I expected. My boyfriend ordered a fillet, medium, and it was overcooked - almost well done. Not a bad experience overall if you don't expect outstanding food - it's in the very heart of a tourist area, it's the location you pay for, not food.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Brutal at restaurant.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Restaurant only. 20 min wait although seats were obviously open. Waitress took our order and then we saw her 3 times in the next hour. A long wait for food which was overpriced for what was served. No garnishes for baked potato. No hand cleaner despite having ribs. Daughter ended up dipping her hand in her water glass to wash her hands. An awful experience.

Newmarket, Canada
“A horrible tourist trap.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Yes, this place is located right on a lovely strip of cafes along Saint-Anne street. Yes, it was nice to watch people go by enjoying the city. Yes, the weather was lovely, and we ate on the quaint patio.

However, none of this makes up for the fact that the food was atrocious, and horribly overpriced. The food was what you would find in a school cafeteria. I understand that in this location prices will be inflated - but there has to be a limit to what is served for the money. My husband and I left this place ANGRY.

I ordered the 'grilled vegetable' salad with pine nuts. One would expect for twenty bucks there would actually be grilled vegetables and pine nuts in the salad. What they brought out was a bowl of lettuce with tiny diced up peppers and no pine nuts....I could have made this salad at home in my sleep. It was outrageous that this would even be served for the price. My husband ordered the "grilled Panini" and fries which again, were both terrible. The Panini was hardly toasted, and it had chunks of ham inside that didn't even look like meat.

All in all, we were very upset with this place, and want to leave this warning here on TripAdvisor. We stopped here simply because we got over-hungry and it was close-by. I wish we had researched this place beforehand an avoided it completely.

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Not great, but nice location.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were staying at the hotel upstairs and since it was late, we decided to try the restaurant. They were able to seat us fairly quickly even though it was busy, but from that point on the service was mediocre at best.

I ordered a mediterranean pizza type, which was fine but nothing special. The crust was a little flabby and the flavors were kind of pigeon like.

My wife had steak frites that she really didn't care for, as the steak wasn't cooked to her liking.

1 Thank burrlamb
bristol ri
“Very Nice Meal in a Romantic Setting”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a terrific dinner on rue Sainte-Anne while listening to the street performers and enjoying drinks. The wait staff was great and the food was delicious. Highly recommended for couples looking for a nice evening out in Quebec.