“Bury Your Dead Tour”
Review of Tours Voir Quebec

Tours Voir Quebec
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours Voir Quebec specializes in the conduct of cultural walking tours of world heritage Old Quebec City. The Grand Tour covers Old Quebec's history and architecture as well as Quebec historical sites. The Food Tour: a guided walk through the culinary heritage of Quebec City; enter St-Jean's district local artisans shops, stores and restaurants. These great English-only guided walking tours depart from Centre Infotouriste (12 rue Ste-Anne, Vieux - Quebec) daily and year-round. Take time to discover Old Quebec City! Book online on our own website to save!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband, I and another couple have just gotten back from a wonderful visit to Montreal and Quebec City. Of course, while we were in Quebec City, being Louise Penny fans, and having read Bury Your Dead, we took the "Bury Your Dead" tour on July 10th at 9:20 a.m. It was very, very good and our tour guide, Marie Harvey, had a wealth of information. We especially loved the His and Lit Library". Anyway, the purpose of my email is this, we had all read Bury Your Dead quite a while ago, and our memory of the book wasn't quite what it should have been, so upon arriving home, I re-read the book and now my husband is re-reading it. Boy, am I sorry that I didn't think of doing this before we took the tour. First of all, I got so much more of the history of Quebec out of the book after re-reading it a 2nd time,

2  Thank Fran S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)
All reviews
"crepes"
in 32 reviews
"hour tour"
in 42 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
in 28 reviews
"excellent guide"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The walking tour was a wonderful way to start my vacation in Quebec City. This 2 hour tour was interesting and informative. Our tour guide, Pierre was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour. Tours are offered in French and English. We met at the front of the tourism office on rue Ste-Anne and explored areas around Quebec City like the front of the Chateau Frontenac, statues like Samuel de Champlain, La Place Royale and the historic restaurant Les Anciens Canadiens. The architecture and authentic cobblestone paths were very interesting. We sat in actual churches and Pierre provided us with superb details about the churches' history. This tour is well worth the 22 dollars per person and I would recommend it to start your vacation in Quebec City to set the stage with your exciting endeavours ahead. Bonnes vacances!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked two tours with Voir Quebec. The first was a Food Tour that I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone. Beginning with upscale poutine from Chic Shack, progressing to Panache and a beet cocktail (sounds strange but was so delicious) and ending up at the Famer's Market, food makes a perfect window into Quebec City's unique heritage and current scene. The afternoon Grand Tour was much bigger and less personal but still informative. I would give Pierre and the Food Tour 5+ and the afternoon Grand Tour a 4.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This tour was an outstanding value, given by a 16 th generation woman of Quebec City. She was very pleasant, patient and protective of our group of 10. She is still so enthusiastic about her city, that the tour extended 30 minutes extra. Her knowledge of details surrounding Quebec City's history, architecture, and famous residents made the time fly by.

Even for those that do not relish group tours, I would highly recommend this one.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hubby and I went on a walking tour of Quebec City for 2 hours to give us a good overview of the sights and the history. This was one of the best tours we have ever taken anywhere. Carole Bellefeuille was our guide. Carole is energetic, interesting, well spoken, easy to hear and to understand, and most informative. Our 2 hours went by very quickly, and we even went over a bit, Would recommend to anyone visiting QC as a great way to get oriented to the town. She also recommended a lunch restaurant which we loved.