My wife and I arrived to the hotel at about 7pm. There were parking spaces available right out front. The woman at the front desk gave us 2 tickets for a complimentary cocktail at the hotel bar. They spoke English perfectly and provided us with a map and suggestions on great places to go for a walk. The rooms were plenty spacious and had a kitchenette area complete with a microwave, sink, coffee maker, and a mini-fridge. The bathroom was nice and big as well with nice tile floors.
While all of these things were great, I think the best part of the hotel was its proximity to old Quebec. It's right there. There are fantastic restaurants right next door. The Musee de la Civilisation was a 3 or 4 minute walk away. And the neighborhood is pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Quebec.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining. A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. Hardwood in all the suites. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided. In the morning, guests can have elaborated continental breakfast at the Pub du Vieux port or delivered to their room if requested. The contemporary Pub du Vieux port boasts stone walls and plenty of seating. The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your L'Hotel Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- L'Hotel Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City