We stayed 2 nights in a Superior Room.
The location of the hotel is wonderful, right in the middle of the Old City, a walking distance from everything. Parking was a bit tricky, but we got there during a cycling event where pretty much all the neighborhood was closed, so it was to be expected. We were able to walk around the city and visit a lot, never needing our car. So that's a big plus.
On the downside, we were a little disappointed with the room... We booked a Superior Room, but it didn't feel "superior"... We felt like we were staying in a mid-improvements room. They placed nice furniture around, but everything else felt... raw. There were holes in the walls from previous brackets that were not filled, patches of cement in some places, scratched paint on the wall from moved furniture, etc. It actually had the feeling of an old apartment converted into a hotel room, but without work to make it feel refreshed. Like they said "let's keep it as is and call it modern". It was comfortable, but didn't feel like a superior room in the least.
And if you're easily bothered by noise, exposed piping all around means no noise isolation whatsoever... It wasn't a big problem for us, but it's worth knowing. We had a lot of fun explaining the screaming in the next bedroom to our 2yo...
Overall, it's a great location, kitchen and separate bedroom are nice to have, especially with kids, but the place needs a serious refresh... It felt shabby, despite the higher-end furniture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining. A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. Hardwood in all the suites. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided. In the morning, guests can have elaborated continental breakfast at the Pub du Vieux port or delivered to their room if requested. The contemporary Pub du Vieux port boasts stone walls and plenty of seating. The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your L'Hotel Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- L'Hotel Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City