Location is great, but...
I speak fluent French, my wife is French Canadian from Quebec City, so, there was no issue with communication. The front desk staff is somewhat aloof (not all of them, but enough of them to be slightly annoying). The walls in the rooms are paper thin, we could easily hear the people next door and certainly the people above us. I don't think they were walking heavily, but, they certainly made a lot of noise at 2am, especially rolling the desk chair back and forth (likely sitting at the desk using a computer). OK, that's allowed, I do it, I just don't want to hear my neighbours.
Like many hotels, they have a sheet change card. Leave it on the bed...don't change the sheets, not in view...change the sheets. On several occasions, the sheets were NOT changed. I asked at the front desk and the desk clerk didn't know about the card and looked at me as if I was strange. Nevertheless, that night the sheets were changed since I had insisted. Our room was nice, large, small kitchen with hot plate, microwave, coffee maker, fridge, (functional and allowed us to have breakfast in the room and cook a few meals. The view is overlooking the parking lot (the other option is overlooking the gas station)...but...sitting on the sofa, looking out at the neighbouring old buildings as it snowed was lovely. View straight down to the parking lot is what it is. On check out we were seriously overloaded (we drove there and besides shopping, were bringing things home from my wife's mom), so, the hotel cart was a bit hard to manage. Pushed it past the front desk towards the door. Two staff at the desk and no one offered to help me get it out the door or hold the doors open. This was at 7 am, the lobby was empty. Little things but annoying. Can't comment on the restaurant, didn't try it. Might stay here again, might not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining. A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. Hardwood in all the suites. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided. In the morning, guests can have elaborated continental breakfast at the Pub du Vieux port or delivered to their room if requested. The contemporary Pub du Vieux port boasts stone walls and plenty of seating. The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your L'Hotel Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- L'Hotel Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City