Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)
L'Hotel Quebec(Quebec City)
Auberge Quebec(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Hotel Plaza Quebec(Quebec City)
Hotel Quartier(Quebec City)
Lindbergh Hotel(Quebec City)
Hotel Classique(Quebec City)
View Hotel
All reviewscinnamon bunshi expresshardwood floorsfree breakfastminute drivefree shuttlesmall poolyogurtvending machinefront desk staffan easy drivebus stophot breakfasthot tubbreakfast roomold townclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a suite in the new wing that was a contemporary design. Everything was new. The only problem was the floor was bare. There were no rugs. It was laminate wood flooring. Be sure to bring your slippers. The major issue I had with this hotel was the breakfast. I chose it over the Best Western next door because it offered the free breakfast. It is not anywhere near the quality of the Hilton chain breakfasts. There was no hot oatmeal or fresh fruit or waffle maker or English muffins. The cereals were all sugar cereals. If you are used to the Hilton chain breakfasts or shop at Whole Foods you will also be disappointed especially after paying $190 for the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph D
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear JoeD,

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our brand new contemporary rooms. I will take note of your comments concerning the rug and transfer the information to housekeeping department.

Concerning breakfast, we offer many options. A pancake machine and hot oatmeal is available every morning, it's part of our IHG standards. We also offer yogurts, fresh fruit, muffins, different variety of bagels, bread and plenty of hot items like eggs, sausages, bacon, etc.

We hope you can visit us again and try once again our breakfast.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2014

As an American tourist, it can be a little intimidating traveling to destinations where the locals speak a different language. The employees of the Holiday Inn spoke both French and English and made us feel very comfortable. The building must have just undergone a renovation because the entire hotel looked brand new. Very nice. The location was convenient. Not downtown, but on the main drag that heads downtown. The hotel is close to a bus station or it is just a short easy drive to the downtown area. We were attending the Quebec summer music festival and this hotel provided a very reasonable package deal. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank prairiedave
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have had some bad experiences in the past at some Holiday Inn properties and was somewhat skeptical to book here, but I'm glad I did and have since stayed multiple times! Rooms don't have carpet but engineered wood which is so much cleaner, as well the bathrooms are very clean! You will continue to have my business as long as the hotel is clean! Only missing a star for the somewhat poor breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SkytravellerCanada
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Skytravellercanada,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Trip Advisor, it is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to read all your positive comments about our property and employees. Please be assured, they will be shared with our team. Our extensive hot and cold breakfast choices meet the expectations and desires of our guests.

We'll be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Just stayed at this place for 3 nights with my family and it was our first time in Quebec city I thought of sharing my feedback. The hotel is clean, comfortable bed and pillows, ...It's a typical business hotel ...Everything you'd expect in a 3 star hotel it has it...and I'd say it's at the top end of the 3 star. Service was great as well...and the front office staff speaks both English and French so no worry :)...It offers good breakfast and it has an outdoor hot tub, plus free parking and it is not too far from Old Quebec at all... I read the reviews before I booked this place and I was honestly a bit concerned but it turned out no problem at all. From the hotel, there are 2 ways to go to Old Quebec... It's very close by to the Laurier Shopping ctr (less than 2 km)... It's good to visit but I find the price isn't great. If you take this street to the end, then it's Old Quebec... I prefer this route than taking the highway..(which will take you to the other end of Old Quebec)...

The city is very nice... with lots of restaurants...I love the street artists... some are good and some aren't...but overall, I believe that they have positively contributed to the city's beauty and its liveliness... I drove everywhere...and it was great... If you have a car, just drive...even to Old Quebec...and use paid parking there... Tip: I parked a bit of a walk away from Old Quebec so that I could park on the street... It turned out well... It's easier to find the available spots and if you get lucky, you may not even need to pay....(depending on the time of the day and how long...)..

Note about businesses and family activities: everything is closed after 5pm during weekdays so it was an adjustment for me... Only in Old Quebec there are more activities late at night... (or maybe I couldn't find anything else for family activities at night...). I searched and searched...but found nothing for family activities after 5:30pm... Interesting... Breakfast in the hotel is good... but if you could come late (after 9am), it'll be less crowded... We stayed late most nights so we slept in...and came out late...which was great for us... Breakfast closes at 10:30am (starts at 6:30am)... Cheers!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank HuyHenry
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel.Good,clean rooms and very friendly service all round.Breakfast was good,and tea/ coffee available all day.Shuttle service to old Quebec was great.Only issue is needing to drive to restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Raymond B
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear RaymondB,

Thank you for your great comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!