“Surprisingly good for a Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)

You added Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3145 Avenues Des Hotels, Quebec City, Quebec G1W 3Z7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #30 of 106 Hotels in Quebec City
Canada
“Surprisingly good for a Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have had some bad experiences in the past at some Holiday Inn properties and was somewhat skeptical to book here, but I'm glad I did and have since stayed multiple times! Rooms don't have carpet but engineered wood which is so much cleaner, as well the bathrooms are very clean! You will continue to have my business as long as the hotel is clean! Only missing a star for the somewhat poor breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
1 Thank SkytravellerCanada
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Skytravellercanada,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Trip Advisor, it is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to read all your positive comments about our property and employees. Please be assured, they will be shared with our team. Our extensive hot and cold breakfast choices meet the expectations and desires of our guests.

We'll be looking forward to your next visit.

Jane Ann Luckerhoff
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Just stayed at this place for 3 nights with my family and it was our first time in Quebec city I thought of sharing my feedback. The hotel is clean, comfortable bed and pillows, ...It's a typical business hotel ...Everything you'd expect in a 3 star hotel it has it...and I'd say it's at the top end of the 3 star. Service was great as well...and the front office staff speaks both English and French so no worry :)...It offers good breakfast and it has an outdoor hot tub, plus free parking and it is not too far from Old Quebec at all... I read the reviews before I booked this place and I was honestly a bit concerned but it turned out no problem at all. From the hotel, there are 2 ways to go to Old Quebec... It's very close by to the Laurier Shopping ctr (less than 2 km)... It's good to visit but I find the price isn't great. If you take this street to the end, then it's Old Quebec... I prefer this route than taking the highway..(which will take you to the other end of Old Quebec)...

The city is very nice... with lots of restaurants...I love the street artists... some are good and some aren't...but overall, I believe that they have positively contributed to the city's beauty and its liveliness... I drove everywhere...and it was great... If you have a car, just drive...even to Old Quebec...and use paid parking there... Tip: I parked a bit of a walk away from Old Quebec so that I could park on the street... It turned out well... It's easier to find the available spots and if you get lucky, you may not even need to pay....(depending on the time of the day and how long...)..

Note about businesses and family activities: everything is closed after 5pm during weekdays so it was an adjustment for me... Only in Old Quebec there are more activities late at night... (or maybe I couldn't find anything else for family activities at night...). I searched and searched...but found nothing for family activities after 5:30pm... Interesting... Breakfast in the hotel is good... but if you could come late (after 9am), it'll be less crowded... We stayed late most nights so we slept in...and came out late...which was great for us... Breakfast closes at 10:30am (starts at 6:30am)... Cheers!

Location
3 Thank HuyHenry
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel.Good,clean rooms and very friendly service all round.Breakfast was good,and tea/ coffee available all day.Shuttle service to old Quebec was great.Only issue is needing to drive to restaurants.

3 Thank Raymond B
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear RaymondB,

Thank you for your great comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!

Jane Ann Luckerhoff
Front Office Manager
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our family had a great stay. The staff spoke English and were very helpful with sightseeing ideas. We stayed in the new wing, which was clean, quiet, and modern. The key cards are easy to use, just hovering over the lock. Breakfast was good, but it is best to go early to avoid congestion in the dining area. The hot tub was large and excellent, and open until 10 p.m. The free shuttle to Old Quebec leaves in the morning and returns in the afternoon. This didn't actually fit our schedule, so we had an easy 15-minute drive with no trouble parking. I would recommend the shuttle though, as parking is expensive.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, which was very convenient. However, I think rooms on the top floor may h...
1 Thank Loricapress
hanoi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had such a good experience here we stayed an extra night. The place was new and clean and the service was fantastic. The breakfast was more than suffice with cold and hot items. Location was off the highway with free parking. It's also near the old city 13 mins. drive and malls and mc D and grocery stores.. chez ashtons ( known for poutines) and also of course 2 fine dining restaurants and walking distance to the aquarium. Staff was great !! Cleaning staff also really great !!

Room Tip: main floor is great or the 1st floor but there is an elevator so it makes no difference..
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Two night stay July 18-19, 2014. Exceptional customer service skills at reception. Clean! Bathroom was spotless & the tub area looked brand new. Loved the flooring (no carpets!). Felt clean and room smelled fresh. The bed was comfie & noise proofing was excellent. Enjoyed the very clean hot tub. The breakfast was very good. Overall positive experience & would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been driving for 2000km to get here. When I arrived my family and I were treated like kings and queens and we do not speak French. We left after three days to continue our travels. But once we spent a couple of days elsewhere we decided that we already had the best and travelled back to wence we came. The Holiday Inn Express Ste Foy amazing. My daughter really enjoyed the hot tub, so did we. I can not say enough the junior suite is cozy and clean. Everyone should take the time and try this place for themselves. My ending comment is amazing!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Junior suite all the way.
1 Thank RobertEnnis