Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
$216
$187
$104
$135
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$237
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$260
$219
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

$401
$378
$805
$504
  • Restaurant
All reviewscinnamon bunshi expresshardwood floorsan easy drivefree breakfastminute drivefree shuttlesmall poolyogurtold townvending machinefront desk staffbus stophot breakfasthot tubbreakfast roomclean hotel
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is located on the hotel avenue of Saint-Foy and close by a lot of nice restaurants but not close enough to walk there. If you plan to stay there be aware that you are not close to the old city and all the night life you expect from Quebec city. There are a couple of thing I found weird at this location: first, they ask you if you want to pay for the whole week right upon check-in...The last time I saw that it was about 10 years ago when I had to stay in a sleezy motel! So, I was kind a thrown off-guard with this one. Also, when I got to my room the TV would power-on but I could not change channels... I called front desk and a lady from reception came up and tried everything she could but it just would't work right. The big questions is: how can you run a hotel without having a technical person at least on call when something like this happens? They never offered to change rooms or at least give me a "make good" of some sort (in other locations when I had even the slightest issue they would give you points or a rebate on the room...). I didn't ask for anything as I don't think a client should be begging for reparation but this is a location below usual standards and I will not be going there again as I expect more from a HIE. Breakfast offering was ok but the pancake machine was always stuck and the eggs overcooked! It must have been a bad week for them and I was unluck enough to walk in!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eandre68
HIExpressQuebec, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I want to personally apologize for the situation and would like to thank you for letting us know the problems you encountered during your stay. We really take the time to read each one of them and take this opportunity to improve our service accordingly.
This is indeed unusual for us to offer that level of guest service. We are inquiring about what exactly happened regarding each case but the important thing is that you should get compensated for that poor experience.

If you would be so kind to contact us at: info@hiexpressquebec.com
so we can arrange something.

Have a great day!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is really very OK and made for the businessman.
Rooms is very nice and clean, just everything you need.
Internet connection good and fast.
Breakfast is also very nice and fresh.
The Hotel is located in a outskirt area, but the distances are short to all there is to be seen.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We really appreciate it. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My co- worker and I stayed here the week of 19-25 -Jan. It was very cold out -25 all week.The Hotel rooms have a thermostate with no room temp reading only a setting. Every day we would need to set the temp to max (25c).Monday to Wed it was very cold in the room. In the breakfast nook it was cold. Some people were wearing coats. I think the hotel can control the heating because after to many complaints Thursday night was comfortable in the room and the outside temp was still the same. I don't think I will recommend this hotel to my co-workers. There are other hotels near bye.
The room floors are hardwood and I don't think that they get a good enough cleaning. Walking in bare feet, you would need to wipe them before putting socks on. They had a mat near the door which I used to take my shoes off not to bring dirt on the floor. The dirt was already there.
Not impressed with this holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary G
HIExpressQuebec, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Good morning,

First off, I would like to apologize for the poor experience you have had during your stay.
This is not the kind of standards we usually offer. However, we appreciate you took the time to write a comment. It's important to us as we use it to improve ourselves.

For future reference, you can ask the front desk to set your temperature at a higher level.
Unfortunately, we experienced a serious cold wave during your stay which impaired the efficiency of our heating system.
As for the cleanliness of the room, the concerned employees have been advised. It is our pride to offer pristine rooms to our guests and we usually have very good comments on that matter.

In the hope we can improve your opinion for future stays.

Have a great day!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in January 2013. The hotel was terrific, clean, modern, comfortable. The reception staff were some of the best I have encountered, particularly Audrey and Janie who were usually on when we were there. They were so helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed my stay. My only suggestion would be that it would be nice to have some healthier options at breakfast eg things like museli, apples etc. There is a supermarket 5 mins walk away and also some nice reasonably priced restaurants. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ozgirl07
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

We would like to thank you for your great review. I will let Audrey and Janie in on your complements :) As of breakfast we have a standard to follow but I will let management know, and try to add a few healthier choices. Thanks for taking the time and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had double room. Bad are very comfortable to sleep. Front desk very nice and helpful. We spent a New Year Eve in the hotel, actually by the fireplace at the entrance, very modern design. They clean our room very well, the supervisor was checking the job of a cleaners. It is far from downtown of the Quebec city, but it is so close to huge shopping Mall, The Bay, Simons. Also the were a few restaurant not far, walking distance. We went for dinner to Batten Rouge for grate ribs. I would recommend. Look at my photos, please.

Room Tip: choose 2 or 3 floor, not a 1(almost bacement)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lina O

Thank you for the great review. Hope you have a Great New Year.