“Steakhouse, but healthy food”

Restaurant Beffroi Steak House
Ranked #132 of 1,520 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Quebec City, just steps away from the St. John Door and from Old Quebec's historic district, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House has mastered the art of cooking over maple charcoal, for 15 years. Aside from its great table, the restaurant features an impressive cellar containing over 300 labels and 2,500 wine bottles, approximatively. Over the years, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House has been honored with several mentions such as the Great Distinction Award (2009) and the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence (2013, 2014, 2015). With its breathtaking view on Place D'Youville, its warm decor and private lounges that can accommodate up to 30 guests, Restaurant Beffroi Steak House will definitely enchant you.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food is good, lots of healthy choices, but it also deserves the name of a Steakhouse. The staff is friendly, great location.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had some of the best meat ever in this restaurant! Nice hotel as well! Great location! Love this place!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This steakhouse had all the looks of an excellent dining experience however myself and 2 friends left feeling disappointed. I don't like to complain but it took over 20 minutes to get seated and then another 15 minutes to even be offered a drink. I will say the menu had great choices and fair prices and the dining room was very nice with a welcome feel. Our waiter basically ignored us our meals arrived with some parts cold and the steaks were warm and cooked fine. The cold steamed veggies and even colder french fries would be something you would expect from a buffett not a Fancy Steakhouse!!!! We would have sent back the plated if our waiter could have been found but thru out this meal we had no water or any type of drink available. Finally able to flag down another server our water was filled. My friends had finished their meals and I had my steak (which was great) but refused to eat cold frys. Finally able to flag down our waiter who had never even came to check on us I returned my frys and was quickly given another plate of colder frys. So between myself and my 2 friends we had 1 terrible experience and 2 poor experiences. Maybe it was just an off night but I won't be back.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

A group of us ate at Le Beffro ladt nighti and we were very disappointed. The biggest complaint would be our hour long wait for food after we placed order and the poor service that did nothing to compensate for the wait. Our bread basket was not refilled and thw waiter was indifferent to how uncomfortable we might be feeling. We placed our order at 7:45 pm and food did not arrive until 9 pm. The calamari that came as an appetizer was overcooked and greasy. We had to send our wine back because it tasted off. I cant ever remember sending wine back in a restaurant..
Our waiter's only explanation for the delay in food delivery was that it was very busy however that is not acceptable. The kitchen should be able to handle the number of tables the restaurant is opening up for the evening.

At the end there were no apolgies or efforts to acknowledge the poor service ( such as a complimentary coffee.)

And btw when the food did arrive it was not worth the wait to say the least.

So dont bother going to this place. There are plenty of other reataurants in Quebec City.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here 2 nights when we were in Quebec City. We had steaks the first night and were cooked to perfection and the service was great. The second night we had prime rib and again cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this restaurant.