“A Toast to Toast !”

Toast! Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 1,433 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: At 17, rue Sault-au-Matelot in the heart of the Old Port of Quebec, housed in the charming Hotel Le Priori. There is a current and warm décor, the kichen is inspired by the flavors and fragrances from around the world. We have a large inner courtyard with garden terrace in season, heated and protected from the weather.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A Toast to Toast !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful evening at Toast! in the lower town of Quebec City. The small plate (appetizer portion) menu showed a great variety of options. To give you some examples, my friend enjoyed the Surf and Turf of sweetbreads sautéed in lardons, along with seared sea scallops paired with duxelles of mushrooms for one of his two selections while I devoured my Deer Tartar. It was light and extremely tasty. Service was excellent. An added benefit was it is connected to our hotel - La Priori - a lovely hotel.

• Visited November 2012

santiago
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Small dishes that are each FULL of flavor, all mouth watering.
Staff was great with each selection.
Setting was very nice.

Visited November 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Good food with a "QUESTIONABLE ENDING"!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I were recommended by one of the staffs(Auberge Saint-Antoine hotel) which is an exceptional place. We made our reservations at 9:00pm and were greeted and sat in a timely manner. We requested outdoor seating which is centered in the courtyard of the hotel Le Priori. We were seated in the back section of the terrace and greeted promptly by our waiter Jerome, who was excellent in both service and explanations of entrees. The menu is listed in a sequence of appetizers, so it was suggested to select 3 entrees per person. My husband and I decided to sample 6 different entrees to share which made it both fun and romantic. Jerome did an excellent job in pairing them in the sequence of arrival. The first two entrees were outstanding(Foie Gras Terrine and Deep Fried Mozzarella in an Onion Crust), followed by the Saquenay deer tartar with blue stalk mushroom) also delicious and Butter poached monkfish- -good but not memorable..

Finally, the last two entrees "DID NOT" warrant the saying "save the best for last", (Risotto of crisp smoked salmon) lacked seasoning and was undercooked and the (Bison sirloin with Madagascar peppers) was tough and chewy.
For dessert, we ordered the three cheese plate with roasted nuts and it was delicious.
Overall, the ambiance, waiter, and most of the food was outstanding leaving a memorable experience.

My "QUESTIONABLE ENDING" ending comment is regarding the Chef. During the meal, I was interrupted to the sounds of a toast made by the chef in the front of the courtyard. It was nice to see that the chef came out to welcome everyone and proceeded to make his rounds. He stopped to each table and would chat to either the locals or the visitors. However, as time went by, the chef made it a point the address each in every table. It was late and we were the last couple seated in the second section of the terrace, and was shocked to see that the chef had left. In fact, we were one of the last table remaining. To give the chef the benefit of a doubt, maybe it was a family gathering, food and wine tasting, or maybe we were "completely ignored". In my opinion, if the chef is going to make his acquaintance, regardless the situation, he should make it a point to visit every table. Our bill totaled $350.00, ending our evening regarding the "THE CHEF" with a bad taste in our mouth.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank HazelEyes67
Wellington
“Sophisticated and stylish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Having been told to try this place by friends from Montreal, I overcame my usual prejudice against eating in the restaurant attached to my hotel, and I'm glad I did. If you're a 'meat and three vege' kind of guy or don't like the waiter telling you what you should eat, go across the street or down to the corner (both excellent, by the way). The approach here is simple: you order two or three appetisers, likely to feature foie gras in at least one, which will be served in the order best suited to allow you to appreciate the superb and subtle mix of flavours created in the kitchen. An appropriate wine will be recommended from an excellent selection. You can finish with a perfect sample of local cheeses and a choice from a wonderfully tempting desserts list.

• Visited October 2012
Dyer, Indiana
“Small plate but giant excitement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I visited and learned about the menu whic is only small plates. There were 13 choices and the chef decides on which order they will be presented. ( obviously he thinks he knows better than the customer about the flavor patterns. He is right.) Everything we had was a delight : fromdeep fried mozzarella in an onion crust to Bison sirloin with Madagascar pepper, which followed sur and turf of veal sweet breads and seared scallops. The presentatioins were outstanding. ( you almost did not want to disturb them ; but the aromas said " dig in" ) The service was attentive and friendly. If you are in Qubec City and miss Toast you have made a giant error.

• Visited October 2012