“A hidden gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Petit Cochon Dingue - CLOSED

Le Petit Cochon Dingue
Cuisines: French, American, European, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Brandon, Canada
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

While walking through lower Quebec, we stumbled upon this little patio while looking for a little something to snack on. We were able to find treats for the whole family - sweets and savories as well as the most amazing quiche.

A very casual, take away stop, it is great place for a quick bite but as per Quebec standards - even the quick bites will leave you wanting more!

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Went Twice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

While exploring the old City I stumbled upon this place, which seems to be the smaller take-away version of the sit-down place a few doors down.

Fresh quiche, salad with a delicious vinaigrette, and some just-baked, not-too-sweet cookies made for a perfect lunch. So good I went back the next day!

You can carry your food up to a nicely decorated area upstairs and enjoy the newspaper and some tea.

Staff was very friendly -- and I speak basically no French. Fair price.

Visited May 2013
North Carolina
“Quick, reasonably priced lunch and pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on our first day in Quebec City. When you enter there is a pastry case on the left and further down a case with prepared sandwiches, croissants, etc. The staff were quick to say Bonjour and point put their daily lunch special (sandwich, soup or salad and drink). You can do a similar combo with any other sandwich on the menu.

My husband had roast beef, I had grilled chees with apples, and we both had carrot melon soup. We also sampled a few macarons.

It is quick order, so after you pay and get your food on a tray, you can take it upstairs or outside to the patio. We found the prices reasonable and the food was fresh. We would return, perhaps for breakfast or afternoon pastry. We had breakfast at the sister restaurant a few doors down the street (reviewed separatly).

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank wkmoon
Cambridge
“Good Overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was a bit worried if this was one of those tourist trap, but I did not feel that way at all. In fact, we will go back again when we have a chance.

The restaurant was in a very good location (near the ferry, parking, and other tourist activities) and it was a good place for a casual, but decent meal. We had a young child with us, but because it was rather noisy place, we didn't feel we were inconveniencing other guests.

I had pork ribs and others had seafood pie and salad. All the dishes were above average. It is pricy side being right in the center of Quebec, so I was prepared.

I don’t speak French (still tried to do so!) but I did not have any problem. All the server was gracious, and patient.

• Visited May 2013
“That crazy little pig”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

If u wondering, the title is the translation of the from French.
Strangely enough a few meters down the road there is a similar place but only called cochon dingue... the crazy pig...
THE DIFFERENCE I THE PRICE
at the small pig u can eat a combo for two in 20 $ that include drinks, soup/salad and sandwich ...
More than enough for us (:
At the regular pig...
WOW expensive!!!!!!!
I recommends the little piggy (:

• Visited June 2013