L'Intendant Couette & Cafe
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$88
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
$112
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Chateau Bellevue(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
  • Fitness center
$250
$161
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$140
$126
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$199
$169
$277
$231
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmaple syruptrain stationcrepescroissantsstayed nightsbed was comfortablewould stay here againperfect locationold quebec citystoragesinkcharm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Great location between the upper and lower city but:
1. Unbearable proprietor
2. Fixed time for breakfast at 9AM (seemed late to us)
3. No deadbolt or chain lock on room doors (you just need a code) - my wife didn't like this so we baricaded the door with furniture.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flumeboy04
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This B&B is great. The rooms and the bathrooms are clean. The location is great: near Moulin à image, Cirque du Soleil, Old Québec, we walked from Grande-Allée to our hotel. The owner works alone. He doesnt have any staff and he does all by himself, he even serves breakfast in the morning which I must say is fabolous: fruits, coffee, orange juice, a croissant with 3 different sorts of jam and a pancake with maple syrup. Yummy! He is a little grumpy, but hey! we were there to visit the city not to become friends with the owner! Although at the end he was really nice to us. We stayed there for one night only and we really enjoyed. Do not expect the Hilton thouhg, it's still a B&B!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2008

This B&B is a hidden treasure!!!! I booked late at night, arrived late one evening and was very pleasantly surprised. My room was upgraded .... esthetically pleasing, clean and I had a double jacuzzi all to myself. Breakfast was fabulous. My only regret was that I could not stay longer, and maybe even sit in on some of the booked poets and musiciens....

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2008

This is my second stay at the auberge, the rooms are clean, roomy, and the breakfast is great. My wife and I went there 5 years ago for a week, a month or two after we met. We had stayed in another inn and were very dissatisfied. We walked by and noticed it and walked in ,we immediately hit it off with the innkeeper he has a particular sense of humour and wit .We booked the rest of the week, as soon as there was a bigger room, he upgraded us free of charge.The Innkeeper and crew are very helpful in giving directions , you need it in old Quebec. The price was very reasonable compared to other places I've been to. I've been around Quebec,old and new, and in different cities in the province. If I ever go back to Quebec city ,for pleasure or business, I will definately go back. Its close to the farmers market, to the antique shops, you actually don't need your vehicule, everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gobot337
Reviewed October 12, 2008

We saw this B&B on the Internet and phoned for a reservation. This was arranged and a price was set. An email confirmation was requested, which was not given. Upon arrival, the owner told us that because we made the booking over the phone, not the internet, the price was not correct, and we were charged considerably more. He said that we had booked for a party of 2, I had clearly booked for a party of 3 people. I had discussed the layout of the rooms, that they were adjoining and that one would have to walk through the other's room to the bathroom. We showed the notes with the details and quoted price, but this was not honoured. We asked that the party that made the booking be contacted, but this was not done.

In it's favour, the location was convenient and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family