“Nice selection of crepes”
Review of Le Petit Chateau

Le Petit Chateau
Ranked #606 of 1,499 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to Le Petit Chateau for Sunday Brunch and enjoyed it. They have a wide selection of crepes, and a smaller selection of other food choices. Prices were reasonable considering its location.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I ate there on a recent trip to Quebec City. We were both very disappointed. The restaurant is located right next door to the Chateau Frontenac.We were there for lunch and had their " La Table D' Hôte" ( appetizer, main course, dessert and coffee) menu. We both has the Caesar Salad as an appetizer and found it very common. Romaine lettuce with "food service" cheese and croutons. My wife had the chicken crepe and I had the ham. Portion size was very small. The crepe was very dry and different from what I was familiar with. Perhaps what was most disappointing is the chicken was processed pieces, as was the slice of ham - and both were not very favourable. Perfectly acceptable if we were eating in a cafeteria, but not what we expected at a crêperie in Old Quebec. desert consisted of a crepe - my wife had the Srawberries and I had the Maple Butter. Again just ok - you might enjoy the Maple Butter over the Strawberries. The coffee was surprisingly good.
We had to wait a long time for service between appetizer - main and dessert. We entered at around 11:30 and did not get out until after 1:30. We were the 2nd lunch group to arrive and the last to leave ( only because it took that long for service). I also had to ask to have my water refilled and coffee refilled. It was a Friday in January and the place was not busy - lots of staff - just inattentive. Also the chef went outside in all his whites to have a smoke and I was not impressed. Too bad - we ate there about 10 years ago and remembered a favourable experience. You can do much better at some of the other restaurants in Old Quebec

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It just steps outside the Fairmont hotel. Good food and service with reasonable price at this small restaurent.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had lunch here one day, and the wait staff was great! Breakfast the next morning, not so good! Staff was surly, and although friends joined us before noon...they wouldn't let them have the breakfast menu. One friend asked if they had bananas...apparantly not..you thought she had asked for the moon by the way the staff responded to her. Not such a great experience overall. It's okay..close to Chateau Frontenance hotel...I'd go elsewhere.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

As I said, my daughter and I stopped in for breakfast on our first full day in Quebec City. Le Petit Chateau did not disappoint. If you go to this restaurant, try the lemon crepe with a side of bacon. You get a big crepe with a wedge of lemon (the way a crepe is supposed to be made) and 3 slices of bacon. An A plus. Since my daughter is a vegan, she just ended up having potatoes, toast, w/jam and coffee. She gave the pototoes an A plus. Sorry we didn't make it back to this establishment to try the fondues.