“A Comfortable Experience!”

La Loggia Art & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 145 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2008

A great place to stay! La Loggia offers all the amenities of home. Joel and Rob certainly made my stay pleasant. The hosts are gracious, accommodating, and informed. La Loggia also offers daily breakfast. An ideal location to shops, restaurants, bars, and the subway. You will enjoy your stay!

Tony Zapata
Austin, TX

Reviewed April 19, 2008

spent delightful weekend In Montreal. La Loggia was ideal - location (great walking to Vieux Montreal, museums, Prince Arthur restaurant row) , ambience (fine combo of cozy/traditional/modern art ), comfort/conveniences , hosts tres congenial and very helpful - many great suggestions for dining etc- . breakfast options included organic/healthful - all to classical music while enjoying art st udio setting. we were too early in season to enjoy what appears to be very tasteful multilevel patio /garden. parking a challenge but doable.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Our handsome room (main floor, back of house) had everyone we could want: comfy bed, fridge, microwave and WiFi.

Rob and Joel could not have been more accommodating. We enjoyed their company so much, we invited them to share a bottle of wine with us on the back deck -- twice.

The croissants at breakfast were the best I've ever had in my life.

We'll be returning.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Rob and Joel’s easy and casual nature could not have made me feel more welcome at La Loggia. And their attention to detail was evident throughout. My room (#2) was very comfortable … for starters, I love luxury, high thread count, cotton bedding! And I also had direct access to a lovely garden deck in full bloom, which I used frequently. ... it afforded a sunny way to start the day (and enjoy their delicious breakfast) and it was a comfortable shady retreat at the end of a day of activity. The kitchenette in my room made it easy to make some hors d’oeuvres and chill some beer & wine which I enjoyed w/ a friend on the deck before going out for the evening.

Rob & Joel were very “hands on” hosts to assure that my visit to Montreal and La Loggia would be the first of many. And in fact, I have decided to return this summer to celebrate a big birthday. I’ve reserved all 4 rooms and am looking forward to a great weekend at a charming B&B w/ excellent hosts in a city full of great food, art, history and nightlife … all within walking distance of La Loggia!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Hosts could not have been more helpful and accommodating. They did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable and pleasant. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Coming to Montreal for the first public display of my prints it was fortuitous to stay with Rob and Joel: the latter a sculptor, the former his partner. We easily talked about art and the often strange dynamics in a relationship when one partner is dedicated to the arts and the other is dedicated to his partner ! Two complete strangers (now friends) helped put into perspective some of my recent relationship adjustments as an art career starts to blossom.

For the reasonably priced accommodation and immaculate surroundings I also got a free therapy session, a professional review of my work and a confirmed place to stay when I return to the city in August for 2 weeks for a solo show.

I couldn't have found a better place to stay. Highly recommended whether you are an artist or not.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2008

For an elegant and unique experience of Montreal, please try La Loggia, an elegant downtown home offering 'Art and Breakfast'. During my week-long stay, I enjoyed breakfast on the sunny deck, exploring the sky-lit artists studio and a lovely guest room brimming with original art work by Canadian artists and available for sale. The art that fills this B+B provided much enjoyment and conversation amongst the guests and myself, and new friendships were made while discussing a Corrianni painting and a Prevost sculpture. My elegantly appointed guest room provided a quiet, comfortable escape from the dynamic city. For the very best experience of Montreal, I highly recommend staying at La Loggia.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business