“Deep Fried Everything, Delicious Sangria” 4 of 5 bubbles

McLean's Pub
Ranked #282 of 5,655 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: Built in 1910 by Military Tailor, R.J. Inglis, the building at 1210 Peel Street became the Rymark Tavern in the early 30's. For over 60 years the Rymark was a destination spot for Pigs Knuckles and Baked Beans. In 1992 McLean's Pub was established by the legendary Montreal barman, Ian McLean. Ian loved the warm and inviting atmosphere, with its oak beamed ceilings, hand carved fireplace, and many other unique features. With his incredible charm and a handpicked staff, Ian created a new pub on the scene. He has since passed, but his namesake and life's work is now a landmark pub in downtown Montreal!
PEI
“Deep Fried Everything, Delicious Sangria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went to McLean's before the JT concert for food and drinks. We split some pitchers of sangria and it was delicious, both the red and white! I ordered the Fish & Chips, which unfortunately I thought was on special from a sheet left in the menu. $17 later I was a little disappointed, but it was a large portion and the sweet potato fries were delicious! The other girls I was with ordered deep fried mushrooms and deep fried pickles, which need to be on the East Coast yesterday- so good! Definitely not a health conscious menu but good for pub grub! We also ordered some pre-concert shots from the bartender after settling with our server and I wish we could have sat at the bar and drank some more! He made us a delicious maple whiskey/baileys shot that was fantastic. This place would definitely be hopping later on in the night!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stuart A, General Manager at McLean's Pub, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thanks a million for the kind review. Kenny, our barman, takes great care of what he serves and makes some great drinks. As for the fish, unlike many of the other pubs who charge about the same price, we use Cod, while most other spots use halibut or turbot. As well, Sweet Potato Fries, which are delicious, are a bit more pricey. Thanks again and I will forward it to Kenny!

St. John's, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SO FUN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Okay, so my two sisters and I were in town to see JT at the Bell Centre Saturday night. After a long night of drinking and dancing, we expected Sunday to be pretty chill ... just some shopping and maybe a nice lunch. We were walking up Peel Street and decided to run into McLean's for some lunch. We were greeted by a Kenny, who turned out to be more of a bartender than waiter/server. I can't even explain what an amazing time we had. We ended up staying several hours after Kenny insisted that we sit at the bar instead of a table so we could "keep him company." Sweetest guy ever, and the two bartenders with him (a girl and another guy) were also fantastic. Could not be happier with our experience - excellent drinks and the food was great (assuming you aren't too concerned with how healthy it is for you). Five stars, for sure (taking the whole experience into consideration). I would definitely make this stop a priority if ever in Montreal again!!

Stuart A, General Manager at McLean's Pub, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I was so pleased to read your review - it made me smile. I'll print it up for Kenny as well. Thanks for taking the time and letting us know that we are doing things right. Hope to see you again, next time you are in Montreal!
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Nice place to stop of a drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Can not say anything about the food. But the drinks were good the staff very friendly. Free internet. Pass work Sherwood after the hockey stick they also have 4-5 slot machines.

Cheers for taking the time to give us a nice review! We try hard and hope that everyone has a good time at the pub. I'm glad you did. Hope to see you again.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent pub food nothing healthy but all very tasty
Burgers and pizza excellent and the waitress was really friendly and helpful
Not too expensive either

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stuart A, General Manager at McLean's Pub, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for taking your time and for giving us such a good review! Burgers and Pizza are what they are, but we do have some very healthy options on the menu to counter the greasy pub grub items. Hope to see you again, the next time you're in Montreal. Cheers!
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Pretty Cool Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was here with a co-worker on a business trip after a long day of conferences. We had the poutine which was my first experience ever and I was a little disappointed but hey maybe it's not for me. I also had wings and beer. The Alexander Keith's Cascade Pale Ale was delicious and I definitely recommend that to my fellow beer drinkers. It's kind of a dive but a very casual, cool atmosphere. I would definitely go back here if I had the chance.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stuart A, General Manager at McLean's Pub, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let people know about our place! Poutine is a local comfort food, but it is certainly not for everyone. The Cascade is an amazing beer. It's a seasonal brew, so we only had it for a limited time, but expect to have it again in a few months.

Hope to see you again in the future!