“Very Nice Cafe”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This cafe always seemed busy and for 4 days of our stay acroos the street at the Kutuma Hotel we walked past it. The last day we decided that the locals seemed to vote by their patronage so we had lunch. Well it was the best of our eating experience in the City...There is a fine restaurant that is highly rated around the corner off Rue St. Denis called Laloux we ate ther one evening and found it great but a lot more expensive than Cherrier. Well worth trying.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

There is nothing (except that it's hard to find parking) that we didn't love about this restaurant. Breakfast was fresh and delicious right down to the freshly squeezed orange juice, fluffy eggs and spinach, home-fried potatoes, and crepes with maple syrup, as well as delicious coffee. We will visit here for breakfast the next time we are in Montreal, and maybe even try it for dinner :)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We tried this restaurant on our first night in Montreal, as it was easily accessible and a short walk from our hotel. They have a nice outdoor patio, but I would suggest eating inside due to the fact it's located on a busy and somewhat noisy street.

The prices were reasonable, the food was average, and the service was slow, despite the fact that the restaurant was not that crowded.

An average restaurant in a nice location.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I counted on my friend proposal and was very happy to have a brunch there with him.
The place has very nice outdoor seating, staff was very professional and bilingual. Dishes served were very tasty.
Should I be once more in the area I wouldn't hesitate to visit the café again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my 1st visit to Montreal and I was so happy to discover this cool parisian style restaurant.
Maybe the locals would resent that but after many visits to Paris I found this place to be so authentic...in its ambiance ...in the food selection. The only difference being was that the waiters and hostesses were so remarkably friendly!! Later I found that this is just typical Quebecois friendliness. Such wonderful people! This did not seem like a place for the tourist...especially since I was there off season and the place was still packed. The food was great! We went back again the following night before leaving for Quebec city. We had the same great experience!!

2  Thank TwoRiverTraveler