“It would really be nice if the menu changed . . .”
Review of Les Infideles - CLOSED

Les Infideles
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I love this restaurant, one of my favourites and one of the best BYOBs in Montreal. The serving staff changes regularly and service can vary from exceptional to "should I leave a tip for this?". The food is very good, although the menu has been in place forever (at least 4 years) and it would be nice if it changed occasionally. The atmosphere is good but the noise level can get really HIGH!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very small restaurant. Very pricey for a bring your own wine. Very loud when there are groups. But it's simply the BEST FOOD EVER so we keep going back. Every dish is a culinary nirvana! I never tried anything that I didn't like. Whatever I picked on the menu it was always the best version of the dish I'd ever experienced. I shouldn't recommend in order to keep it a secret, but the chef deserves some kudos for his savoir-faire.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was invited to a party dinner at les infidels a few months ago.
We were 8 and the reservation was at 6pm. Everyone was there before 6pm.
We order around 6h10-6h15pm.
At the time, there was only 1 table of 4 that was in the restaurant.
The waiter was very friendly and open our bottle of wine.
6h40-7pm he came with bread that wasn't heated it was cold and we were 8 he only gave us 2 basket.
7h30 i was hungry and thirsty so i asked him for more bread and water.
15 min later he came with cold bread and water from a metal jar which obviously tasted like metal...
I then decided to order a coke.
To my surprise he told me that he didn't sell that.
In fact he doesn't sell any drinks because he doesn't have a fridge!!!
I was outraged! How can a restaurant that sell dish for 20$ can't afford a simple fridge to put some cold drinks?
You really think people will come and drink water and wine only??
Anyhow at that point i was pissed not only because there was nothing to drink. We had already waited 1h30 to get our food even though we were the second table to be in the restaurant.
I then realize that the 2 dirty chef has been serving all the clients in the restaurant before doing our table.
In our table everyone has order 1 or 2 appetizer each , meal ,dessert so i can understand but 1h30 and everyone in the dinner room had a plate except us??
We had to wait 2 hours before getting our food.
The food is good and very oily ...
I didn't really concentrate on the food since my butt was killing me for sitting 2 hours on that chair i just wanted to get out.
Anyhow i paid billed for everyone on that table and it came out to around 600$ tips and taxes included which they didn't deserve.

Again, the food is good but it really not worth the waiting time.
Will i ever repeat this experience?

Probably not unless they get some cold drink and a fridge and hired some chef that can work faster.

Cheers,

Eric Van Nguyen

4  Thank EricVanNguyen
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had full course dinners. Read the menu en francais – food is as good as it sounds. Soup, a vegetable veloute, 1 appetizer scallop with fruit salsa, the other wild mushroom with Brie. Between course Sortilege (maple) flavored ‘trou normand’. One main course filet du cheval with raspberry in the sauce, the other was filet du cerf with cassis in the sauce. Lovely presentation; great imaginative sauces. For desert 1 chocolate mousse and the other (goat) cheese cake. Wonderful. Service friendly and informative. Reservations a must. Don’t forget to bring your wine.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We were present for a large family lunch gathering to celebrate Christmas before the chaos of the season. This is a lovely restaurant with excellent food and reasonably priced. Bring your own wine as well to sweeten the occasion and great service. I have also heard that it is excellent at night.