“Good asian resto”

Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“Good asian resto”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good asian restaurant.We go at least once a year. You sit on the floor or at the bar. Service is good and fast. The manager is very nice. The food is good, not five stars but good enough for a nice night out with the kids. My kids love this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012

“Good food, but they should renovate !”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I prefer ordering in from this place as the food is good but the seating and decor are just too bad to even be kitsch !

Visited July 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Where do I start?”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ordered via delivery upon recommendation from a friend. The girl on the phone was pleasant, and said the food would take 45 minutes to get to my place (which isn't too bad, but not exactly fast either). It took 1 hour and 40 minutes from the time I called for the food to be delivered (I live 10-15 away by car).

My girlfriend ordered a meal soup which was average (say 6 out of 10), we shared dumplings in 'peanut sauce'. The sauce was awful and not so peanutty, the dumplings tasted as if they were had come out of a can. I ordered the Pad Thai. Hands down not only the worst Pad Thai I've ever tasted, but one of the worst meals I've had in years in any restaurant. The noodles were white, mushy and overcooked, the chicken tasted as if the 'chef' had boiled a frozen chicken breast then chopped it into cubes. Then I imagine the noodles and boiled chicken cubes were thrown into the box together, with no hint of seasoning, spice or peanuts. There were tiny pieces of white bland tofu thrown in as well, as if only to enhance the general lack of anything resembling flavour. I found a tiny piece of lime somewhere in the middle of my tower of noodles - my best guess is that this was a failed attempt to add any sort of taste at all to the dish...hoping that through some sort of magical osmosis the rest of the ingredients would soak up every last drop of the lime's essence.

I wish I had eaten this at the restaurant, in which case I could have returned the food and left without paying. Instead I was at home, still hungry (threw out most of my food), down $30. Anyone here who tells you that this is a good Asian restaurant clearly has never eaten in one before.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Adhawk77
Mexico City
“Just had the worst Pad-Thaï ever from delivery”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Asked for a Pad Thaï with tofu and I get some sort of white noodles that were completely tasteless. Eat there not long ago and it was decent, but this last order was a total disappointment. Eating in a place where all the Plateau yippies are barefoot isn't either a plus for me.

• Visited August 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It is like being in a little asian snack bar in Tokyo but you are on le Plateau! Really good and not expensive.”
Reviewed March 21, 2008