“Disappointing”

Chu Chai Thai Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #184 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have eaten at Chu Chai several times over the past few years. We have always enjoyed the food. The last time we ate there the menu had changed from Thai to a more mixed vegetarian cuisine. We had the best, vegan chocolate mousse ever. When we arrived this time we found that the bistro was no longer " bring your own wine". The food was once again Thai only but, the food was not as good as we remembered. We always make a point of eating at Chu Chai Bistro when in Montreal, but I think that was our last visit.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
USA
“Still love this restaurant”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I just love this restaurant! And the staff are friendly and the food outstanding! I've been to others in the city and I just think this is tops, albeit a tad on the expensive side. If i could change one thing, I would change the new chairs that they have put on the patio: they are not comfortable and I was sitting way back so that I had to scoot forward to eat. But those chairs won't stop be from returning!

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Vegan Meat!!! Turned me on !”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Tried out Chu Chai after a friend's recommendation. Being a Vegetarian, I loved the concept of Vegan meat that they are trying to simulate listed on the menu. Mind blowing Food, We were 5 so we tried their 6 main courses and 6 starters with 5 desserts
Every thing was better then other..
Heavenly food, their servers are smart and hospitality is best in Montreal. Location St. Dennis again great!
Best for special occasions.. Bit expensive but worth it.
Must place to go and try.
No trip to Montreal for me is complete without a visit to Chu Chai.
Do not forget to try thai hot alcoholic drink.. Saki !

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Shubhi_Rohit
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious vegan food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Tried out Chu Chai after a friend told us about their interesting take on vegan food with the meat that they are trying to simulate listed on the menu. Tried a "chicken satay" appetizer that did not disappoint and followed with a "chicken" and a "beef" panang curry dish that were both delicious. Really intricate flavours that I don't often taste at Thai restaurants. The cocktails are also fantastic.
Sat outside in their street-side patio area and really enjoyed the atmosphere along St. Denis with enough action to keep our newborn entertained- otherwise not a family-oriented resto though the more casual version called Chuch which is next door likely would be.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Mmmm!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When visiting Montreal, we ate at Chu Chai 2 nights in a row! We both had their green mango salad. I loved the addition of green apple to this salad. We also ate the Miam Kram appetizer which is an award-winning dish. It was unlike anything I've ever had for the exquisite combinations of textures and flavours. Unfortunately, the ginger chicken and mixed vegetables which we chose after the salad and Miam Kram, left us with a salty taste in our mouths. Not the best choices on the menu obviously. Still, I'll go back for the Miam Kram alone!

• Visited August 2013