“Amazing food! Try it even if you are not vegetarian/vegan”

Chu Chai Thai Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #229 of 5,941 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Impressive vegetarian/vegan food!
We tried the menu for 2 at $100 and it was great.
Many tasty small bouchées, "fake" meat is really realistic.
We were able to try 4 "meat" dishes in this menu.
I highy recommend this menu if you want to try many veggie options.
Desserts were so sweet and creative.
Exceed my expectations.
Staff is friendly.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Let's be clear - I'm not one for exaggeration but this could well be the best food I have eaten in a restaurant! My wife and I are vegans, and her parents are meat eaters and we all had a fantastic meal here. The flavours, the spices, the mix and combinations of foods - excellent.

We had a good chat with the waiter whose family owns the restaurant, and he explained the whole concept of what they are trying to do. I'm not going to tell you - ask and they will be happy to talk to you about it.

I saw 1 'terrible' review on here about 'fake meat' etc. and I have to say as a vegan - this restaurant is awesome. For the first time ever I could look at an entire menu and choose what I wan't to eat, as opposed to going for the salad or the token vegetarian option (sans cheese and dairy). No it's not going to be meat, but it isn't supposed to be. And for the meat eaters out there - give it a go, and you might see that there are other alternatives to meat and fish.

1  Thank Ellisario
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant on a recommendation from a friend and was not disappointed. The wait staff were very friendly, food came hot and prompt, and the atmosphere was nice and romantic.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Food is great - some of the dishes a bit spicier than we expected but that's Thai for you. Not many dessert options, but lots of tasty drinks. And friendly staff, which is always a plus!

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant this weekend. Far exceeded my expectations. The seaweed appetizer was amazing.

1  Thank pxb123