“Good, Inexpensive but staff not overly helpful”

Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot
Ranked #1,277 of 5,668 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Sydney, Canada
“Good, Inexpensive but staff not overly helpful”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant for some years during trips to Montreal. Its inexpensive, and the food is pretty good, great for someone on a budget. I haven't been to Montreal for two years and during this trip I went back for a quick lunch. The place has been renovated and the buffet style of getting the things for your hotpot is goon, you now order and they bring it to you, I liked the old way. Plenty of meat when you order it so still well worth the trip, I just liked it the old way.

• Visited October 2013

Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
“Delicious hot pot”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have been there a few times (and also the one in Brossard) and I really love it. I always take the regular broth. Even though I like heat, the spicy broth is too fiery for my taste. You can make your own dipping sauce with a whole bunch of condiments. The waiter brings you a couple of plates of very thinly sliced meat and the rest you get at the buffet.

The lamb is delicious and melts in your mouth, as does the beef. The mussels and big headed shrimps always end up in my pot and I love the wide variety of items in the buffet: assorted greens, asian mushrooms, quail eggs, fish heads, tofu, stomachs (never had it but my bf eats it every time) ... Also the little sweet buns are unbelievable. There's a sweet sugary sauce to put on top but I usually just love dipping it in my savory sauce. YUM.

Be sure to go at night because i believe they don't serve seafood for lunch.

• Visited April 2013
Southampton
“Mongolian Hot Pot”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clearly not what was expected – if being honest I thought it was just a restaurant, where you go in, and select from the menu, but actually choosing what you wanted, and then cook it yourself is something different. The food was really good, hot, and you had a good choice. Having experienced this side once is perhaps enough, but if I can muster enough friends it would be good to have a different type of night out

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kelmci
nh
“best hot pot i've had outside china”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

authentic hot pot. terrific service, good choices, and great prices. we'll be back. we'll even drive 3 hours for dinner.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank igolf
Montreal, Canada
“Friendly/Cozy Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Funny restaurant where you have to cook you own food!
They give you a hot pot, and you choose whatever you want to add in it, it's awesome, food is fresh, a lot of choice!

It might be a little bit too pricey IMO, but still, you go there for a special event once in 2/3 months and it's alright.

Be aware that the spicy hot pot is really spicy! You'll get sweaty before the end of the lunch!
I think it's a place where you could easily hang out with friend, avec a bubble tea (or before?), have fun, sharing food and so on!

• Visited January 2012