“Good fresh Indian food at reasonable prices in Le Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tabla Village

Tabla Village
Ranked #1,151 of 5,682 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Montreal
“Good fresh Indian food at reasonable prices in Le Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is a restaurant which I often seem to overlook when giving recommendations and I don't really know why. It seems to be tucked well away into the back of my mind. The food is consistantly top notch, very fresh, lots of flavors but not overly spicey. We always have the lunch specials which is a lot of food for 9-12$ so we haven't really delved deep into menu and I am certain there are lots of really delectable avenues that we have yet to explore. The atmosphere is very ambiant with lots of nice regional decoratvie touches and a couple of wonderful frescoes on the walls that are very professionally done. This is obviously a family run restaurant which is evident by the attention to detail and the concistancy of the staff. I wish I would think of going there more often because I really like Tabla, the food, atmosphere and the service.

• Visited April 2011

Montreal
“Great food and low prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

It is a small Indian restaurant on Sainte-Cathrine street in Montreal. Waiters were very friendly. Everything about the place seemed traditional. But then again I wouldn't know what is authentic and what it isn't. I loved the food! Especially the menu for 2 where we could try a looot of stuff! I love the samosas and their butter chicken. It came in some small recipients on top of candle..so it would stay warm. It looked great!
It was my first Indian restaurant that I've been to..so I'm pretty sure that my next review will be more drastic.
The one thing I didn't enjoy was the smell inside the restaurant.

Great experience overall. Enjoyed a great meal in the company of great friends.