“Could have been better.”
Review of Le Cactus

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Cactus
Ranked #3,186 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: small restaurant with a big heart. In summer we have a lovely terrace where you can enjoy your frozen margaritas or our delicious sangria with a freshly made guacamole. We offer a classic mexicain cuisine.On weekend you can enjoy the salsa club upstairs.
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Service was decent. The food was satisfying but nothing exceptional. Make sure you get the green salsa. The red tastes like marinara. Good selection of beer and wine.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I went here with my son - mainly because it was close to my guest house. The food was very good, and plentiful. Service was excellent and it had a really nice atmosphere even though it was rather empty when we ate there - admittedly it was early evening. I can recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes Mexican food.

1  Thank Ebrill10
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We arrived on a Tuesday evening and the place was empty and were quickly seated. The ambiance was nice enough with some background music and a Tex-mex feel to the place. I ordered the burritos with guacamole dip with chips as did my colleague.

The chips and guacamole arrived and the dip was excellent. I love this stuff! It's so creamy. The burritos were smaller than I expected them to be, included was a side of white rice. The burritos were good and the rice was fine. I ordered two beers to wash it down.

Got the bill and was a little surprised to see my total was a little over $40!

Pros
good location
good Tex-mex
really good guacamole
good service

Cons
overpriced!

Overall a decent experience, but probably won't return. I'll look elsewhere for my next Tex-mex.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is great for a lazy sunday! go there have the ceviche and a large pitcher of sangria and bask in the sunlight on the terrace. Many of the other dishes are good too. The cheese doesn't over power the dishes and its a great little spot to spend the afternoon or have a great dinner among friends.

The service isn't fast so don't go there if you are in a hurry but if you want to hang out and make a night of it, you'll have gone to the right place.

1  Thank sirhc023
Reviewed August 12, 2010

You ever have one of those days where you just keep walking because you cannot figure out where you should eat. It's almost like choice overload. Well, this was one of those days. You get mad and finally you walk into a place and just eat. Well, Cactus was the place for us on this occasion.

While the service was a little slow and we had to ask for water after sitting for 20 minutes with no water, the food was delicious. This is not a typical "mexican" fare. The food is very fresh, the sauces are amazing, the kind you want to just eat spoonfuls of, and it's not the kind of place where you food is drowning in cheese. The food is perfectly balanced and equally tasty. A wonderful little find after a long decision to eat.