OK, so Montreal has a lot of "airport" hotels. The thing is...most are located 10 minutes from the airport. I mean really...at some point you need to avoid calling it an airport hotel, even if you have an airport shuttle. Fairfield, on the other hand, is actually very close. It's not quite the Marriott located AT the airport (which is lovely, but they charge for it), but it's only a couple of minutes away by car or shuttle, at around half the cost of the Marriott located above the US terminal.
Check-in was speedy and friendly. I ended up with a handicap room, so it had some extra space and was huge. It was the size of a suite, but without the sofa and other things a suite has. I also ended up with a great view of the planes departing off of Runway 24L. Free WiFi was really quite slow and not great...but it was free nonetheless.
Noise wise, it's not bad. I was on the end near the train tracks, so I could hear that, but it never woke me up by any means. Neither did the planes.
Breakfast was okay, but was the same thing both mornings - eggs, bacon, breads, juices. At night, the restaurant/bar area seemed quite busy. I had a drink from their decent selection, but nothing to eat. However, lots of people around me seemed to enjoy their food and it looked good. Both meal times seemed to come with great service.
I didn't see the pool of the exercise room. Parking was $12/day.
Really a very nice hotel, and whenever the Marriott is too expensive, I'll take the Fairfield no problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Montreal-Trudeau International Airport, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport is a prime Montreal hotel for travelers. Guests of our Marriott Hotel in Montreal, Canada, enjoy comfortable accommodations at a superior value, whether they are visiting for business or pleasure. We serve continental breakfast daily and provide 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport. Located at the junction of Highway 20 and Highway 520, our Montreal airport hotel's locations is only a 20-minute drive to downtown. Entertainment options, such as the Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada, Olympic Stadium, Montreal’s International Jazz Festival and Osheaga Music and Arts Festival, are just a few attractions that make Montreal one of Canada’s most vibrant multicultural cities. For sport fans, the Montreal Canadians NHL team and the Impact MLS soccer team guarantee an exciting show. Marriott Rewards and AAA discounts are just some of the many offers redeemable at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Marriott, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Montreal Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport Hotel Montreal
- Fairfield Inn Montreal
- Montreal Fairfield Inn