“What a nice surprise!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport
Ranked #28 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here, for one night as we had an early flight the next day. Upon entering the reception area, we were greeted by an amazingly friendly staff. We immediately felt at home! In the past we had stayed at another very well-rated hotel in the vicinity who offered great amenities as well, but where the service, although professional, was very cold. We enjoyed the room, which was a good size with a very comfortable bed. The pool and fitness center was great. A nice way to relax! Just what we needed to put us in vacation mode! The next morning, the shuttle was very punctual, which was great. Upon our return, however, we had trouble finding the spot where we were to be picked up by the shuttle, for our return to the hotel. Finally, we called the hotel and made it to the designated area, just before the driver was about to take off. This was the only downside to our experience. We mentionned this detail on the survey the hotel sent us, after we got back. They'll probably have this all worked out by the next time we stay there. Yes, we plan to be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The only reason why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is no fault of theirs.. They seem to be in the middle of a huge construction or renovation area. It was so difficult and frustrating getting in and out of the area to get to Montreal proper. Other than that, the staff (front desk) were very friendly and helpful. The lobby was modern, clean and inviting. The rooms were spacious for our family of four (we had a suite). The view wasn't too exciting ... It was of the neighboring hotel. The close proximity to the airport didn't bother us. I barely heard any planes go over us at night, so we got a good night's sleep. Breakfast was included in the rate. The usual fare of eggs, bacon, potatoes was there, but also a nice selection of bagels, muffins, cereals, etc. The staff welcomed the guests very warmly as they entered the dining area. If you need to be close to the airport and stay somewhere comfortably, this is the place. But if your main plan is to sightsee Montreal city, I would suggest staying somewhere a bit closer, unless you don't mind the 25 min drive back and forth. Overall, though, very good hotel!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zahpok
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night as I had an early departure for a flight the next day. Airport shuttle was quick and easy. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and a good size. Bed was very comfortable. If you are a light sleeper, the noise from the train could be a nuisance as they pass by behind the hotel. Breakfast staff were half hour late bringing out breakfast and I ended up eating only toast in the dark as they had not prepared anything else yet, and i had to catch my shuttle shortly to make my early flight.

would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have spent considerable time in Marriott hotels in the last year and frankly, they are nice but kind of all the same.

The exception is the Fairfield in Montreal. I have to say that I love this hotel. The location is not great granted and you can't walk from here to any of the restaurants, etc. but if you have a car (and don't mind paying for parking!!!) then this is the place to stay.

I have spent weekends here and also spent the night before a big trip (airport is so close) and I have never had a horrible stay here.

The rooms are wonderfully quiet and well decorated. The beds are big and comfy and the overall feel of this hotel is quiet and peaceful. I love the fact that you never hear anything in the hallways.

The staff - from the front desk, to the shuttle drivers to the people working the breakfast and bars are all extremely pleasant and professional.

The food is good as well. A full breakfast is offered - you can get fresh fruit and cereal or more fatty stuff. The coffee is only average - which could be improved though.

If you don't mind spending extra money order the cheese platter for dinner in the bar - its to die for....

I love this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nitestar
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I can highly recommend this hotel as one of the best airport hotels I've ever slept. First good impression was a jolly shuttle bus driver - an extremely positive and friendly, elderly lady, with whom first minutes after long flight were a nice relief.

The hotel is pleasant; nice and friendly staff. The room spacious, nicely decorated with big comfortable bathroom - everything one might enjoy after long flight, especially lying on a very comfortable bed. If the hotel would located in the city, I could stay there for the whole time in Montreal.

I only regret I didn't have time for the gym or the pool.

But they should work on their breakfast. It was not acceptable. Hardly anything was tasty. If you are up to just having a coffee (really bad, try tea - but not really better) or some little snack - it could be fine - but I would suggest to wait a moment and have breakfast in the city. But it seems to be the case of North America where "gourmand" is a very foreign word.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Maxime700, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear valued guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home here in Montreal, and for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your visit.

Your comments regarding our associates high level of service and your recommendation of our hotel is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to know we succeed on making your stay an enjoyable one. Rest assure we will share your feedback to the concerned individuals.

On the other hand, we are sorry if we did not meet your expectation with regards to our breakfast. Please know that your constructive feedback is very important to us and we will take this opportunity to improve our breakfast and complimentary coffee service for our guests.

With hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again soon here in Montreal, we which you a great day.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here last month, the staff was wonderful, rooms very clean.
The breakfast was great. Eggs, bacon, ham, home fries, bagels, toast, English muffins, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit like bananas, apples, oranges, even have Delmonte fruit cups, milk, juices, coffee, muffins, cream cheese , jams, peanut butter...there is free coffee all day in the lobby.
Pool was nice and heated. Stayed in a suite with my 2 kids and they had a lot of room to play and run around. The walls are pretty thick, never heard anyone in the other rooms beside us which is good. Room had a nice big tv, dvd player, ipod station, and the beds were pretty comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vickyjohn514

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for giving your feedback regarding your recent family stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and comments, which will be shared with our team.

We hope to have the chance to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Maxime Lamoureux

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here on a very short stop-over in Montreal. I got an excellent rate on the hotel through my airline, so I was even more pleased. I had a bit of trouble locating the shuttle pick-up area at the airport, but this was not the hotel's trouble. The shuttle came quickly and dropped me at the hotel quickly after expertly navigating through the crazy construction zone.

My check-in was quick, and the front desk attendant very pleasant. Room was clean and comfortable. I had a quick shower in nice hot water and a short nap in a cozy bed, then I was back on an early shuttle to the airport.

I was very pleased not to hear any airport noise or traffic during the night. (Unfortunately, a recent stay at a different chain airport hotel in another city I was not so lucky). Overall, I would make a point to stay here again during a stopover in Montreal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PrincessGolden
Maxime700, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Airport Hotel.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your short visit with us and that noise has not been a problem during your visit. We made different modification to this airport hotel and are glad to see it was worth the investment. On the other hand, please excuse us for the difficulties to locate the airport shuttle service at your arrival. We will investigate and see if this can be clarified by the airport authorities. For the moment, it can be found at the ground floor (arrival level), just outside on the second driving lane (the first one being reserved exclusively for taxi and city bus), look for post A or B.

Again, thank you very much for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Maxime Lamoureux

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Quartier International
Courtyard Montreal Downtown
Courtyard Montreal Downtown
#24 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!