“Best poutine!”

Ranked #1,105 of 5,993 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stopped here for poutine after getting a tip from a friend that graduated from McGill. Wanted to try authentic Montreal goodies, and knew that poutine and smoked meat sandwiches were the way to go. Definitely pleased!

1  Thank Judora

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Having heard about poutine from my sister who now lives in Canada I had to try it ,we choose frites alors as it was close to our hotel.Greeted by a friendly waitress who was polite and offered us an English menu when my schoolgirl French failed me on bell peppers. As i was not convinced about gravy and cheese on my chips we choose poutine and the house burger to share . Good choice.Only criticism would be that the toilets could do with a good scrub.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Love love love the poutine with merguez. It's wonderful, and filling! I really like that they are liscensed and the wine is inexpensive and good.

Service was okay. Everyone was very polite, but I would have preferred if they refilled our water and such.

Restaurant, including w/c, was very clean.

1  Thank AndreasRoadTrip
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We wanted poutine. None of the reviews around the hotel we were staying in were raving. Here, they should have been.

Aside from the fact that the waitress stopped speaking to me in French the moment she realized it wasn't my first language, and the completely nonsensical comics about colonialism on the walls, this place was everything we were looking for, and so much more-- especially quantity-wise.

My boyfriend got a veggie burger, which is always geocached away in Montreal, and it was delicious. The salad it came with had a bizarre mustardy dressing, but who eats salad when you get a GIANT TERRINE OF POUTINE?

We got the one with mushrooms, onions, and peppers (asked for no bacon), and attacked it. The gravy was hearty, and the mixture of soggy fries with crispy ones-- could I make it sound any tastier?-- was unlike anything we can get in California. I'm completely unclear why. The mushrooms were a brilliant addition, too. We were hurtin after we downed the entire thing, in the best of ways.

And despite all the warnings, I have yet to have a heart attack. I'll keep you posted.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is our favorite hangout when we are in a french fries mood. These are Belgian style french fries and they are served with a variety of mayo base sauce. They also have a great selection of burgers and sandwiches who have nothing in common with the usual American burger. My girlfriend had a pulled pork sandwich and I had their smoked meat sandwich with fries and an excellent amber beer on tap from a local micro brewery. We go there almost once a month and are always enchanted. Try their chicken burger with foie gras.