Book In Advance
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Montreal
from $73.72
from $138.90
from $89.24
More Info
All reviews awesome experience motion sickness car racing simulator gp formula riding equipment virtual cars blast track fun
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

If you want the ultimate F1 racing experience at an affordable price and without the actual F1 race car, go get your adrenaline pumped at Vortex Racing Simulator, Montreal, Canada! This was so much fun and so thrilling that I went for an additional race, for an additional fee of course. But that fee is much lower. My wife and I went on the qualification sim at the same time and she was just as excited as I was. They have GP Racing to help you get used to the simulator and to qualify and then they have the F1 racing simulator! The GP racing is way more subdued to help you get a feel of the road, the steering, the brakes and the curves. But then you can move on to the F1 racing experience... And boy, is it an experience! The steering and acceleration are so responsive! All it needed was wind simulation attached to the machines! There is also a Rally Racing experience and it's pretty cool as well. But you get your money's worth with the F1 racing sim. They even supply you with F1 racing style gloves and shoes and a locker to empty your pockets into with a private key. There are helmets as well but I don't know what they would be used for. We didnt have to use them.

There is a precaution......

IF YOU ARE EASY TO GET OR HAVE MOTION SICKNESS OR HAVE VERTIGO, I'D TRY IT OUT TO SEE HOW YOU DEAL WITH IT.
Do the sim operator a favor and don't hurl, upchuck, call Ralph, toss your cookies, lose your lunch, etc inside the simulation machine!

That being said, it is awesome! I promise, you will thoroughly enjoy this experience. It will not disappoint!

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank STBeverly
Reviewed September 7, 2016

I was at Vortex Racing for a private party. As an Event Planner I was impressed by what a fantastic venue Vortex Racing would be for a corporate event or a team building activity.
The simulators are so exciting!!!
I highly recommend Vortex Racing for an "out of the box" team building experience.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

My bf was super excited to come to Vortex racing and wanted for us to try this together during our short visit to Montreal. I am a car noob (know very little about cars and can't drive manual) so was a little worried that this experience might not be for me. Alex had greeted us and made everything super straight forward and simple for us, forms were ready at the front, and he explained everything thoroughly and made sure we were ready and safe before beginning. Also you do not need to know how to drive manual, there is the automatic option and it's truly straight forward and easy to start and get into it.

I had SOOOO much fun. My bf and I first tried the gp3 simulators, then when we felt more comfortable we moved onto f1 which is so much faster and more intense. We ended the day with the rally simulators and both took turns sitting as passengers in the rally simulator because we started to feel dizzy LOL. I personally enjoy rollercoasters and this was a lot more fun than riding a rollercoaster.

This was definitely one of the best attractions I've ever been to and definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Thank you to Alex at vortex racing for being so pleasant and patient with us! :)

We will be coming back next time we're in Montreal!!

One tip I have for people trying this for the first time, is to make sure to take breaks! The simulators feel so real sometimes we got dizzy when we drove 15+ minutes in a row lol! Make sure to take breaks so you can drive and have fun for longer.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

If anybody is looking to experience next level of simulation, it is something I didn't expect at all. It was awesome. Meyer was awesome and gave me a one on one experience. I definitely won't forget this one. My head was shaking after the second try so make sure to go well rested and don't eat before you go here.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Satvir P
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

My 12yo daughter and I had a blast learning all about race cars and then getting into the simulators and actually driving the course. It felt amazingly realistic, and we were surprised by how difficult it was. Fortunately we had top-notch instruction, so we got the hang of it pretty fast. Overall it was a really fun and unique experience and I would highly recommend it.

Date of experience: July 2016